Don't you hate when SHORT women require TALL men???

Jono85

just something that has begun to anger me. i'm 5'8, so not terribly short, but short(er). most of my girlfriends have usually been between 5'2 and 5'5, no taller than that. maybe it's an insecurity thing, most likely in fact, but i don't like girls that are close to my height (heels would put them taller). so basically i'm already picking from say half of the girls (5'5 and under). then i see so many of these shorter girls, on dating sites, say they need a tall man.

like who the hell are you? lol that's my initial reaction, most likely irrational (i guess we can all demand certain qualities and shouldn't be judged for them). but i just find it a little ridiculous, that these short girls refuse to date shorter guys. it's a bit lame.

• Like 1

That's because short guys don't make her feel small, like a woman, and protected :sick:

Eh.... everyone has their particulars.

There are plenty of girls who would be fine with a guy who is 5'8", so focus on them instead of the ones who aren't interested.

We all deal with this in different ways, you know. Some guys only want women with big boobs. Some girls only want guys who make a lot of $$. Some guys only want women who are a size 2 (even if they are chubby themselves). Some girls only want guys with a full head of hair.

I agree with you that it is "lame" to cut someone out of your pool of potential matches due to something insignificant, but I bet you have some preferences too. Like - you say you won't date women close to your height. How is that different than a woman wanting a man of a certain height?

• Like 5
  • Author
Eh.... everyone has their particulars.

There are plenty of girls who would be fine with a guy who is 5'8", so focus on them instead of the ones who aren't interested.

We all deal with this in different ways, you know. Some guys only want women with big boobs. Some girls only want guys who make a lot of $$. Some guys only want women who are a size 2 (even if they are chubby themselves). Some girls only want guys with a full head of hair.

I agree with you that it is "lame" to cut someone out of your pool of potential matches due to something insignificant, but I bet you have some preferences too. Like - you say you won't date women close to your height. How is that different than a woman wanting a man of a certain height?

that's a very good question. and i guess i shouldn't have said i wouldn't date girls close to my height. but i'd certainly feel a little insecure if my girl was taller than I.

i think that's a legitamate complaint though *shrugs*

whereas we know most women need to date a man taller than them. and then if you factor in all the short women that ALSO need to date tall men, it lowers the potential partner pool even more.

the boob thing, can be fixed, if they're that insecure about it.

People want what they want, and they shouldn't be judged by what they're attracted to.

Just like there are short girls that want tall guys, there are fatties wanting trim and hot partners...there are lazy underachievers that want someone successful, etc.... that's just the way it goes.

I can understand your frustration, but honestly at the end of the day, anyone that's going to pass up someone that completely fits their list of what they want in a partner just because they didn't make it in 1 category is short sighted and not worth wasting time on anyways.

• Like 4
  • Author
Im 5'9...my heights never been an issue for me as far as I can tell.

maybe not a big issue, but i'm sure there's been girls who've turned you down b/c of your height. you woudn't know that, but surely there's been some.

not the end of the world by any means of course.

i just find it a little unfair for a short girl, to only date tall men. that's all. you notice it more when browsing dating profiles online.

I hope LS isn't influencing you negatively.

I have never felt self-conscious about my height, before reading posts from some of the women on here.

kiss_andmakeup

I'm 5'9 and have dated men from 5'8 to 6'5. Don't let it get to you...there are plenty of women out there who won't care about your height (or lack thereof).

just something that has begun to anger me. i'm 5'8, so not terribly short, but short(er). most of my girlfriends have usually been between 5'2 and 5'5, no taller than that. maybe it's an insecurity thing, most likely in fact, but i don't like girls that are close to my height (heels would put them taller). so basically i'm already picking from say half of the girls (5'5 and under). then i see so many of these shorter girls, on dating sites, say they need a tall man.

like who the hell are you? lol that's my initial reaction, most likely irrational (i guess we can all demand certain qualities and shouldn't be judged for them). but i just find it a little ridiculous, that these short girls refuse to date shorter guys. it's a bit lame.

It seems like you've had a lot of girlfriends so I'm not sure what you're complaining about. ;)

Yea, it's an issue. Did you just discover that this is true though? Young to mid 20s?

I've actually heard this complaint from a lot of taller women. They get annoyed when they see a tall guy with a significantly shorter woman because she "stole" one of the tall guys.

Im 5'9...my heights never been an issue for me as far as I can tell.

That's because you're 5'9.

Try being 5'6 and see how that affects you.

I've actually heard this complaint from a lot of taller women. They get annoyed when they see a tall guy with a significantly shorter woman because she "stole" one of the tall guys.

I get mad for almost the same reason.

I absolutely hate seeing girls 5'3 or under with guy who are over 5'10. They look retarded together, and it's like he stole one of the few girls that would be OK dating me.

The height thing is borderline disturbing to me. I've seen sickly, skinny fat, and ugly looking tall guys get girls over shorter yet much better looking, healthy, athletic guys. Personality had nothing to do with it either.

I would say by and large shorter guys look more healthy and better proportioned physically (on average, not always), because its easier to stay in shape when you have shorter limbs and torso. But that doesn't matter, most women will still inexplicably take a weak looking tall guy over a powerful looking short guy.

It's a universal preference that you are going to have to fight uphill against. When women fantasize about their ideal guy, it's never a guy under 5'10 (usually its a guy over 6'). You will never be the guy women dreamed of if you are under that height, we just have to deal with it.

I fear for the degradation of the gene pool now that women get to choose who gets any. A lot of intelligent, symmetrical, and healthy/athletic guys who are like 5'7 or 5'8 will be passed up for tall guys that look like this: http://www.glogster.com/media/4/26/31/71/26317196.jpg

• Like 1

A lot of people have height requirements. A couple of my male friends have told me that they prefer women who are 5'6" or 5'7" to short women like me. Of course, said male friends are about 5'8" and 5'11", respectively, so maybe they have a right to want that. The females are close in height to them. But they're definitely not desiring of shorter women.

I'm short and would go out with a guy who's 5'8". I think the shortest I've liked (a lot) was 5'6". I won't lie, though, I've been spoiled because I've had two or three boyfriends who were 5'11" and I like that height more than 5'8". In the end, I would still date any guy 5'6" or taller if I'm very attracted to him.

I won't lie, though, I've been spoiled because I've had two or three boyfriends who were 5'11" and I like that height more than 5'8". In the end, I would still date any guy 5'6" or taller if I'm very attracted to him.

How the hell can you get spoiled because you had a BF that was tall?

I understand feeling spoiled if the guy had a big dick, but how can you feel that way just because he's tall? What does his height do for you?

• Like 1

I understand feeling spoiled if the guy had a big dick, but how can you feel that way just because he's tall? What does his height do for you?

Because it's an attractive height for a guy, I guess.

It's no different from a guy saying he was spoiled by having previously dated women who had big boobs. Because he found it attractive.

It doesn't do anything "for me." It just looks good on him.

Because it's an attractive height for a guy, I guess.

It's no different from a guy saying he was spoiled by having previously dated women who had big boobs. Because he found it attractive.

I would never felt spoiled that I dated a girl with big boobs in the past. That's just a stupid thought.

It doesn't do anything "for me." It just looks good on him.
You specifically said spoiled for a reason.

If being with a tall guy makes her feel so good that she actually feels spoiled then that starts to shine a light on why I've done so horribly with women.

Look, I'm short too, and most men want taller women.

So....things are rough all over.

BS.

Most men don't care about height, the only common thought is that they don't want a woman much taller.

Only some of the really tall guys say that they don't want a much shorter woman.

Just a theory, of course:

Shorter women may feel they are at a higher risk of being injured when attacked compared to taller/bigger women. So, they need a relatively bigger guy to better protect them.

This probably goes back to cave man era, human nature kinda of stuff. Does not mean they are shallow, it's just how they instinctively feel. Kinda like how some men may want a smaller women so they feel like they can protect her and carry her around if sick or whatever.

• Author
Look, I'm short too, and most men want taller women.

So....things are rough all over.

i don't know about that.

i think he caught you there. most girls IN GENERAL, somehow think that taller men are an upgrade. it's sad. before i ever saw his response, i also thought it was a bit sad that you said "i've been spoiled with tall men". kind of messed up.

personally i don't value a 5'7 woman over a 5'3 woman. maybe there's many guys who do, i'm not sure. you don't really EVER hear guys say "i won't date short women". whereas a great % of girls say they won't date shorter guys.