I'm annoyed....

snug.bunny

Guys --- why do 'some' of you insult a woman if/when she says she finds a particular physical appearance/type, attractive? Hmmm?

As an example, I was at a friend's party last night and a group of us (male/female) were talking about dating, relationships, what we find attractive, etc. I said I find men (for example) 'Ryan Reynolds' to be very attractive, and in turn, one guy in the group responds with:

"God, how conceited! You must think very highly of yourself for thinking you could get a guy who looks like Ryan Reynolds".

All because I said I think Ryan Reynolds is good looking!??!! :laugh:

So, I said "well, I think it's pretty rude of you for insulting me just because you disagree with what I deem attractive, and I find it pathetic that you would do so". I was going to say a few other 'choice' words, but I bit my tongue.

I've encountered something similar before, whereas a man came over and started talking with me, he complimented me on my dress but then proceeded to tell me my earring were ugly and didn't match. :eek::confused:

Do 'some' guys really get off on insulting women for no reason? I mean what is the deal?!

He was an insecure douche. Simple.

Someone who thinks of themself as an attractive person would not respond that way.

• Like 1
"Some" men are insecure. Those "some" men are the same "some" men who will say such ridiculous things.

Lmao...I see what you did there ;)

• Like 3
No I don't think they get off on it, but I think they are just idiots that have a hard time being tasteful and polite. Why would you insult a girl's earings?....

They do it to knock a girl down a peg, to make her feel like she should be lucky to have his attention/interest. It's the most juvenile way for a man - nay, a BOY - to express interest. Kinda like hitting the girl you like in the sandbox.

• Like 1

They might have been employing the use of PUA "neg hits".

I find it silly to bust a chick down a peg unless she was actually being a bitch to me. If she was being cool, then why be a jerk?

They might have been employing the use of PUA "neg hits".

Ding, ding, ding!

And the PUA tactics don't work with women worthy of being caught. Being a gentleman does. ;)

• Author
He was an insecure douche. Simple.

Someone who thinks of themself as an attractive person would not respond that way.

Agree, but it made me feel bad about myself as though there is something wrong with ME. Maybe I am a little conceited, because I find men like a 'Ryan Reynolds' attractive, but I've been in love and liked men who were 'different shapes and sizes'.

No I don't think they get off on it, but I think they are just idiots that have a hard time being tasteful and polite. Why would you insult a girl's earings?.... I just cannot imagine myself doing that while talking with a girl. If I thought they were ugly I wouldn't say anything...until she asked me then I'd be like "Pffttt They are kinda funny!":laugh:

I'd never outright say "urr earings are ugly" A guy who can do that is an idiot.

I know! I was blown away...I think he also said something like "I bet your underwear doesn't match either". Huh?! :eek:

They do it to knock a girl down a peg, to make her feel like she should be lucky to have his attention/interest. It's the most juvenile way for a man - nay, a BOY - to express interest. Kinda like hitting the girl you like in the sandbox.

That's exactly how I felt. Like, I was just purposely knocked down a peg, all because you (the guy) are (pardon my french) an a*shole.

• Author
If I ever got fortunate enough to land a woman, I hope to hell I don't end up being one of these jerks. I know at first I would be cool, but you never know.

It seems like hearing about a cool, nice dude is a very rare occurrence.

Snug.Bunny....don't worry about it...he's an ass that likes you so he knocked you over a bit.

I know what that kind of insulting can lead too, so please do not dwell over it.

I don't know what your reasons are for not landing a woman, but one day you will!! I firmly believe that there is someone for everyone, so, hang in there :bunny:.

Thank you for the kind words. :)

• Author
Gahhh!

Did you read through Vhyzen's thread? Don't let this idiot lower your esteem.

He was prolly jealous of Ryan Reynolds and knocked you down.

I sometimes get all rolling eyes when girls talk about Brad Pitt or Tom Cruise like that...I don't insult them, but I rather not hear it lol

I've skimmed over a few of her threads, commented on a few, but haven't in a while.

Ok, the 'eye rolls', I'm okay with. The meanie-weenie comments, I'm not okay with. When I hear them, my first thought is 'what you just said is pathetic' and my second thought is 'wow, you're an a*shole' and then I feel like saying something very mean.

Hence "I'm annoyed", and posted here instead. LOL

• Author
it's complicated:laugh: Do you have a few hours?:laugh:

J/K.

:laugh: How many hours are we referring to exactly? :p

fortyninethousand322
Guys --- why do 'some' of you insult a woman if/when she says she finds a particular physical appearance/type, attractive? Hmmm?

As an example, I was at a friend's party last night and a group of us (male/female) were talking about dating, relationships, what we find attractive, etc. I said I find men (for example) 'Ryan Reynolds' to be very attractive, and in turn, one guy in the group responds with:

"God, how conceited! You must think very highly of yourself for thinking you could get a guy who looks like Ryan Reynolds".

So, I said "well, I think it's pretty rude of you for insulting me just because you disagree with what I deem attractive, and I find it pathetic that you would do so". I was going to say a few other 'choice' words, but I bit my tongue.

I've encountered something similar before, whereas a man came over and started talking with me, he complimented me on my dress but then proceeded to tell me my earring were ugly and didn't match. :eek::confused:

Do 'some' guys really get off on insulting women for no reason? I mean what is the deal?!

I would have made fun of Ryan Reynolds instead. One, because he was in that poor excuse for a movie "Green Lantern". And two, because I'm sure he can take a little criticism from little old me.

I would have made fun of Ryan Reynolds instead. One, because he was in that poor excuse for a movie "Green Lantern". And two, because I'm sure he can take a little criticism from little old me.

Have you seen Safe House?

:love::love::love::love::love:

... one guy in the group responds with:

By his own logic, he must find the shaved head version of Britney Spears or maybe Roseanne Barr attractive. I'm sure you told him that.

• Like 1
  • Author

Green Lantern was an excellent movie, how dare you! :laugh:

I do that too, but people usually get really nervous when I go on an LS rant:laugh: Don't worry, I took my calm pills today.

The ultimate insult for those jerks is to walk away and make him talk to the hand.

Ah I haven't read any of your rant threads. How bad can they be? I think I need some calm pills, but I'm going to a Yoga class in the morning and get in touch with my inner zen. :D

True. I did give the proverbial "talk to the hand in the air" gesture afterwards.... Homie don't play that!

They were trying to neg you. Negs only work on certain women and I think most males confuse it with teasing.

• Author
By his own logic, he must find the shaved head version of Britney Spears or maybe Roseanne Barr attractive. I'm sure you told him that.

:laugh::love:

I will def keep that one in my pocket and pull it out if/when something similar happens again.

Green Lantern was an excellent movie, how dare you! :laugh:

Ah I haven't read any of your rant threads. How bad can they be? I think I need some calm pills, but I'm going to a Yoga class in the morning and get in touch with my inner zen. :D

True. I did give the proverbial "talk to the hand in the air" gesture afterwards.... Homie don't play that!

As a comic book nerd/fan I have to say that the movie was awful. Reynolds was crap, Lively, was crap, Sarsgaard was terrible. Mark Strong was really great though, he was the perfect Sinestro.

Yes "some" guys are just angry and insecure.

I mean its one thing to say you have bad taste in men... which I agree with FortyNineThousand Reynolds is not smooth to watch on screen. I found him cool in Vanwylder but have since grown to hate him.... but to say you could never get him... its like wtf. It's like if I said I like Picaso and some one was like "you could never paint a Picaso" or "you couldn't aford to own one!" There is just no logic and only insult in what he said.

Also insulting your earing sounds like a tard or PUA want to be. Basicaly no concept of how flirting works. You have to make fun of the ways a girl says stuff... now thats cute.

• Author
As a comic book nerd/fan I have to say that the movie was awful. Reynolds was crap, Lively, was crap, Sarsgaard was terrible. Mark Strong was really great though, he was the perfect Sinestro.

I kidding... I've actually never seen Green Lantern. Oops. :o:lmao:

I enjoyed watching him in 'Just Friends', I loved his personality and humor in the movie and of course, his sexiness!

"Neg"? "Negs" only work on certain women?

What the hell kind of language is that? When did men start thinking of women like cattle?

If I was in the room, I'd definitely make fun of him. He should be wearing a t-shirt that says, "I'm trying to be humanity's anus." And he's actually learning that crap from a book, I guess. What a fake.

Anyone who questions Ryan Reynolds acting ability or hotness needs to watch Safe House. I'm serious. Hawt damn.

fortyninethousand322
Anyone who questions Ryan Reynolds acting ability or hotness needs to watch Safe House. I'm serious. Hawt damn.

Unfortunately one bad memory is enough to override a thousand good ones. It's why whenever I think of Christian Bale I don't think about Batman, I think about that ridiculous rant of his.

So too with Reynolds and Green Lantern. Sorry, them's the breaks.

I liked him in that film with Sandra Bullock where he played her assistant who had to marry her because she was in the US illegally. What a body on that guy! Sandra was equally hot. So much for the "women lose their looks after 30" crowd.

I liked him in that film with Sandra Bullock where he played her assistant who had to marry her because she was in the US illegally. What a body on that guy!

The Proposal. :love: