Who is supposed to have the condom? The guy or the girl?

FrustratedStandards

FrustratedStandards

I've recently met some women that I learned carry condoms in their purse in case they find someone they want to go home with. This struck me as odd because I always thought that it was the mans responsibility to have a condom on him.

What is the standard? Is there any? Or it doesn't matter who has it?

In all of my experiences, I've never had to buy a condom in my life. All the sex partners i've ever had have always had the condoms, and none of my girlfriends ever carry them.

Both men and women should have condoms at their place of residence. There is no reason not to.

In addition, it's not a bad idea for women to carry condoms in their purse. On the other hand a condom carried in a mans pocket or wallet can degrade from the friction of moving around so it's not really a good idea to carry them around.

PratyekaYana

Why leave anything, especially something as vital as one's continued good health and freedom from the responsibilities of parenting, to chance? Both sexual partners should be prepared.

Feelin Frisky

It's no set standard. I started to say that when on the prowl for casual sex a woman should carry one or a few for her safety--plus women carry purses. That made me think that some women may resist doing that because it is like an admission of loose morals. That is fair as long as indeed she lives her higher standards. I don't think it should say anything one way or the other if a single woman goes out into mixed company and just includes a bag or two in her bag. I guys carry condoms around in wallets or pockets they are likely to be damaged and unsanitary. That's not to say a guy shouldn't--it's just that having one in "your wallet" is not modern thinking. It's 1960's.

Men and women should keep condoms at home. They're cheap and easy to obtain, so there's no reason not to have them. As far as carrying them around in my purse, I would never have to do that because I don't do one-night stands. If you're a woman who likes to go home with strangers, then you probably should carry a few condoms in your purse. The man should also have condoms, of course, but it's not necessarily his responsibility to provide them.

I've never had to buy condoms because the guys I've slept with had their own, but I have a box of condoms in my bedroom just in case my boyfriend runs out and forgets to buy more.

If you're sexually active and you're the type to spontaneously have sex with whoever in random situations, then yes.

When I was sexually active, I carried condoms with me. When I wasn't I didn't.

When I met my ex, she never carried condoms because she wasn't/isn't the type to randomly have sex, so she never had to prepare.

When I met a promiscuous girl, she had condoms so because she is sexually active.

I don't usually just carry them around, unless I think I'm going to need them. On the times where women have surprised me by being "ready" earlier than I thought, it's been about 50/50 where they had their own condoms.

I historically have always provided my own. Besides being IMO the 'right' thing to do, I have complete quality control. No surprises. ;)

• Like 2

You wanna keep these things safe. She'd have to carry them in a hard container and with various sizes. IDK travelling with them seems boy scoutish for me. I rather warm her up some, take off to purchase, and then she'll be all sets by the time I get back in. To have them on-hand just doesn't do my psyche well.

Hmm, this thread gave me the inspiration to go check the box of condoms I had in my dresser.

And yup, they're expired. No surprise since they've come along for 3 or 4 moves.

Oddly enough, I remember my inspiration for buying that box. Never did get around to opening it.

Hmm, this thread gave me the inspiration to go check the box of condoms I had in my dresser.

And yup, they're expired. No surprise since they've come along for 3 or 4 moves.

Oddly enough, I remember my inspiration for buying that box. Never did get around to opening it.

:lmao::D:p

I was living in my grandmothers house. Must have been back in 06 or 07. Met a cute Mexican girl named Marisol in my school gym. Some time before our first date, I picked up a three-pack. The date was uneventful and I never saw her again. I've had that box ever since.

Excuse me while I go light a candle.

:(

Heh... I bought a giant box in 2010. I've been in a bit of a drought, so I've got about 10 left that expire in March of 2013. You'd think that would be plenty of time, but who knows the way things have been going. Frankly, I hate wearing condoms so I won't exactly cry at their passing...

I was living in my grandmothers house. Must have been back in 06 or 07. Met a cute Mexican girl named Marisol in my school gym. Some time before our first date, I picked up a three-pack. The date was uneventful and I never saw her again. I've had that box ever since.

Excuse me while I go light a candle.

:(

Dude. You like Latina girls?

And you live in Cali?

WHAT IS THE PROBLEM WITH YOU GETTING A WOMAN?

There's so many hot Latinas out there.

The box I had expired 1/2012 and I bought it before I moved to SoCal in 2008...

xpaperxcutx

I never carry condoms neither do I need it at home. Most often the guys I have sex with has their own stash, and for those who don't, we can happily hit the store and get some. Besides I'm not aware of what brand or size I should buy. I've been with alot of different guys and they all use different brands.

• Like 1
  • Author
FrustratedStandards
Why leave anything, especially something as vital as one's continued good health and freedom from the responsibilities of parenting, to chance? Both sexual partners should be prepared.

This is true. Whenever a condom isn't available, however, there is no sex.

She'd have to carry them in a hard container and with various sizes.

Yeah this is true. I find it more convenient if a guy carries them, because he knows his size, the preferred brand and some are allergic to latex, so they would need to carry polyurethane ones.

Frankly, I hate wearing condoms so I won't exactly cry at their passing...

I don't like wearing them either, but you have to when you sleep with someone new. You never know what might happen, both pregnancy and STD wise. You can never be too careful.

I've been with alot of different guys and they all use different brands.

Yeah, this is why I always thought guys were supposed to carry them. After all, it's for their penis. It needs to be comfortable and snug. It's safer because they know what works best.

• Author
FrustratedStandards

^ I don't think this is true. I just think they aren't the kind of guys to just bring girls home, so there really is no need to carry one.

My question was more directed towards people who are dating someone.

Disenchantedly Yours

If you are a grown woman and having sex, you should be taking your own health, well being and contraceptives into your own hands. So yes, you should have/buy condoms is you are planning on having sex. And yes, so should a man. It is not the responsiblity of one over the other. It is both your repsonsiblity.

• Like 1
If you are a grown woman and having sex, you should be taking your own health, well being and contraceptives into your own hands. So yes, you should have/buy condoms is you are planning on having sex. And yes, so should a man. It is not the responsiblity of one over the other. It is both your repsonsiblity.

This.

The one who is "supposed" to have the condom is the one who wants to have safe sex. Isn't that both of you? :confused: