Can a guy be in love with a girl if he is sleeping with someone else?

buzzie2

Is it possible for a guy to be in love with a girl he fancies if he is having casual sex (just benefits) with another girl? The first girl has a very high standard and morals and doesn't believe in casual sex, she wants a serious relationship.

I'm assuming you're one of these girls. I suppose it's possible... but not likely. I personally would never want to sleep with another woman if I was in love with one - regardless of if I was getting sex from her or not. Also, to me sex is part of the 'falling in love' portion - sexual chemistry is an important part of the recipe for me

• Like 1

I have a follow up question to the potential posters though.

Let's say your bf/gf is one of those individuals who doesn't believe in pre-marital sex and your a male/female who knows your sexual needs (and quite frankly, needs to get some.

How would you view casually dating on the side and potentially getting "some." The "L" word has never been mentioned in the relationship and imagine the frustration that you will eventually have given that this woman that you're with is a "keeper."

I think a guy can be in love with one girl and have sex with others, but I do not think he WOULD have sex with others if he could have the girl he was in love with in a monogamous relationship and could be monogamous himself. So, the options to that scenario are either (1) He can't get the girl he's in love with/she won't be monogamous or (2) he cannot be monogamous.

I do not think a guy who's in love will ever be successfully monogamous with the girl he loves if he cannot be right away/once he knows he loves her, unless it's her putting him off (and then I just feel sorry for the guy, but I certainly feel even more sorry for any girl who really likes him).

Providing Girl #1 wants him she would be in danger of losing him if he were only seeking sex from Girl #2 and no others. If he has mind blowing sex with Girl #2 he may start to lose interest in Girl #1. If he is having sex with more than one other girl on the side, I think he will keep his love for Girl #1.

It is HIGHLY individual. For some, sex is just sex and it doesn't faze them at all to have meaningless sex with someone while in a relationship with someone else. And for others, sex is something they can only share with someone they truly care for. And everything in-between.

a guy can be in love with a bunch of women at the same time who are giving him nookie. then again he could not be in love with any, or just a few.

BeyondtheClouds

I would say that this guy is not a keeper. If a guy wants or even accepts that his woman wait until marriage --if ever comes to that-- but feels ok in still getting a bit on the side, I would call him a hypocrite.

If you are that FB partner who is looking for more, you are wasting your time.