Is it true that some men can smell when a woman is aroused?

FrustratedStandards

FrustratedStandards

How is this possible?

A friend of mine recently confessed that he can smell when a woman is sexually aroused. I didn't quite understand what he meant, but my best guess was that the woman would be wearing a skirt and be incredibly wet.

He mentioned that it had nothing to do with that. He could just sense it through the pheromones or through the sweat.

Was I just bullsh*tted or is there some truth behind this?

ThaWholigan
How is this possible?

A friend of mine recently confessed that he can smell when a woman is sexually aroused. I didn't quite understand what he meant, but my best guess was that the woman would be wearing a skirt and be incredibly wet.

He mentioned that it had nothing to do with that. He could just sense it through the pheromones or through the sweat.

It's a primal thing supposedly, I think women are more adept at this than men are to be honest, women seem to have a very acute sense of smell. But yes, some men are very good at smelling when a woman is aroused. A lot of men are not as primal as this though and are so psychologically neutered these days that they cannot sense this, and cannot pick up body language cues either.

I may add that there's quite a few women these days who are less than adept now. I think it's too much internet and facebook/twitter lol.

punkinthetrunk

Maybe she needs to douche? lol...

I don't think he can truthfully say he can smell pheremones. She might be giving off other indications of arousal (quicken breath, pupil dilation, skin blushes).

I am gonna say BS.

I can tell if a woman is aroused by the look in her eyes and how she behaves.

One example: An aroused woman will find unnecessary reasons to touch me.

I don't know how much I buy into the pheromones thing.

How is this possible?

Yes, I can tell when my female friends on PMSing, ovulating, and aroused; even when they are off by a few days. The scent is hard to explain but I'll say it is does not smell like tuna.

• Like 2

You may find this hard to believe, but I can tell if a man is aroused just by looking at his crotch.

• Like 4

A women can get aroused and wet just by seeing an attractive Man?

I thought it took a lot more then that

• Author
FrustratedStandards

AD1980, if he's attractive and there's chemistry, then definitely.

You may find this hard to believe, but I can tell if a man is aroused just by looking at his crotch.

Say it ain't so!! :eek:

• Author
FrustratedStandards

....and your point is?

Feelin Frisky

It doesn't make sense really. What, like you go through the bus terminal and you know if some woman who is reading a newspaper or listening to her I-Pod but is otherwise disengaged with someone else is "aroused"? And btw, I've worked with women who left a stank that anyone could interpret as aroused. I had to actually do the uncomfortable thing of avising them that their odor was a problem for co-workers. It wasn't a problem for a couple of guys who seemed to revel in that sweaty trail but to me it just smelled of something I didn't want to smell while I'm working (or walking around the office). I din't care to know if it was coming from their arm pit or leg pit.

Mme. Chaucer
Yes, I can tell when my female friends on PMSing, ovulating, and aroused; even when they are off by a few days. The scent is hard to explain but I'll say it is does not smell like tuna.

I don't mean to burst your bubble - but a woman who is PMSing is usually easy to spot - and wise to avoid! And it rarely has anything to do with scent!

A women can get aroused and wet just by seeing an attractive Man?

I thought it took a lot more then that

Nope - I am one of those women who get wet by an attractive man... and there doesn't necessarily need for there to be chemistry.

Yeah I can do this too. It really is just through the pharamones you can tell. Not necessarily the smell, just something in the air really.

Totally not buying this.

Yeah if she is so turned on she is WET you might smell something. But otherwise? Nah.