LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Is it true that some men can smell when a woman is aroused?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Like Tree9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 6th March 2012, 4:53 PM   #1
Established Member

Is it true that some men can smell when a woman is aroused?

How is this possible?

A friend of mine recently confessed that he can smell when a woman is sexually aroused. I didn't quite understand what he meant, but my best guess was that the woman would be wearing a skirt and be incredibly wet.

He mentioned that it had nothing to do with that. He could just sense it through the pheromones or through the sweat.

Was I just bullsh*tted or is there some truth behind this?
FrustratedStandards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 5:02 PM   #2
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedStandards View Post
How is this possible?

A friend of mine recently confessed that he can smell when a woman is sexually aroused. I didn't quite understand what he meant, but my best guess was that the woman would be wearing a skirt and be incredibly wet.

He mentioned that it had nothing to do with that. He could just sense it through the pheromones or through the sweat.

It's a primal thing supposedly, I think women are more adept at this than men are to be honest, women seem to have a very acute sense of smell. But yes, some men are very good at smelling when a woman is aroused. A lot of men are not as primal as this though and are so psychologically neutered these days that they cannot sense this, and cannot pick up body language cues either.

I may add that there's quite a few women these days who are less than adept now. I think it's too much internet and facebook/twitter lol.
Old 6th March 2012, 5:04 PM   #3

Maybe she needs to douche? lol...
I don't think he can truthfully say he can smell pheremones. She might be giving off other indications of arousal (quicken breath, pupil dilation, skin blushes).
punkinthetrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 5:08 PM   #4
ptp
Established Member

I am gonna say BS.

I can tell if a woman is aroused by the look in her eyes and how she behaves.
One example: An aroused woman will find unnecessary reasons to touch me.

I don't know how much I buy into the pheromones thing.
ptp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 6:56 PM   #5
Established Member

We all have the ability to sense it.
turt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 7:23 PM   #6

Journal Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrustratedStandards View Post
How is this possible?

Yes, I can tell when my female friends on PMSing, ovulating, and aroused; even when they are off by a few days. The scent is hard to explain but I'll say it is does not smell like tuna.
jerbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 7:25 PM   #7
Established Member

And how exactly does he know that these women are actually aroused??
make me believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 8:37 PM   #8
Established Member

You may find this hard to believe, but I can tell if a man is aroused just by looking at his crotch.
Old 6th March 2012, 8:41 PM   #9
Established Member

A women can get aroused and wet just by seeing an attractive Man?

I thought it took a lot more then that
AD1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 8:53 PM   #10
Established Member

AD1980, if he's attractive and there's chemistry, then definitely.
Old 6th March 2012, 9:18 PM   #11
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitChick View Post
You may find this hard to believe, but I can tell if a man is aroused just by looking at his crotch.
Say it ain't so!!
USMCHokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2012, 9:22 PM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FitChick View Post
....and your point is?
Old 7th March 2012, 12:46 PM   #13

Journal Entries: 1
It doesn't make sense really. What, like you go through the bus terminal and you know if some woman who is reading a newspaper or listening to her I-Pod but is otherwise disengaged with someone else is "aroused"? And btw, I've worked with women who left a stank that anyone could interpret as aroused. I had to actually do the uncomfortable thing of avising them that their odor was a problem for co-workers. It wasn't a problem for a couple of guys who seemed to revel in that sweaty trail but to me it just smelled of something I didn't want to smell while I'm working (or walking around the office). I din't care to know if it was coming from their arm pit or leg pit.
Feelin Frisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012, 1:12 PM   #14

Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow where the midnight sun and the hot springs glow. Not really. Oregon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerbear View Post
Yes, I can tell when my female friends on PMSing, ovulating, and aroused; even when they are off by a few days. The scent is hard to explain but I'll say it is does not smell like tuna.
I don't mean to burst your bubble - but a woman who is PMSing is usually easy to spot - and wise to avoid! And it rarely has anything to do with scent!
Mme. Chaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2012, 1:30 PM   #15
Established Member

I sniff women butt.