Is there a reason women place men in the 'backburner'?

monkey00

So ladies, I'm just curious here. Why do some women place guys in the back burner, or take things extremely slow with him to the point where you send him mixed messages? Is it for the sake of partying and having fun and eventually settling down with said guy? Or is it because he's a nice guy?

I know men have their own reasons, but I'd like to hear what women's reasons are.

I've never put a guy I was really interested in on the back burner. Men I've put on the backburner were guys I didn't feel much sexual chemistry with but were fun to hang out with.

Men AND women do this.

Usually when they are exploring multiple "options" - as in " you aren't the priority"!

When one is the priority - there's no reason to have "other options" distracting them from what they KNOW THEY WANT!

backburner = back up plan

Guys do this too.

"Youre not my first choice, but if I ever decide I wanna have some fun, I have you on call"

• Author
backburner = back up plan

Guys do this too.

"Youre not my first choice, but if I ever decide I wanna have some fun, I have you on call"

That's a pretty crappy feeling. Honestly no one wants to be second or third choice to someone...unless they are desperate.

That's a pretty crappy feeling. Honestly no one wants to be second or third choice to someone...unless they are desperate.

You don't feel what you don't know. Some people get backburned without themselves knowing.

Its crappy but people dont know all the time.

In some cases you can tell someone didnt see you as their first choice based on their behavior. But oh wells, people are just that way sometimes. If I was able to tell I was some chicks back up plan, Id blow her off. That or Id have my fun first and then blow her off.

Either way, her loss.

I've been the back burner guy a few times and from my experience, women do it because a lot of them are simply incapable of being alone. They need someone around until someone they really want comes around.

I've been the back burner guy a few times and from my experience, women do it because a lot of them are simply incapable of being alone. They need someone around until someone they really want comes around.

I agree with this. I think that attention and a desire to not feel alone is the biggest reason a female would do this.

For guys, I think it's for sexual options.