sticky situation

that dude

me and my ex broke up two weeks ago. we had been going out for around 2 months and it was a kind of a messy breakup. We live in the same app' building so it sucks having to see her almost every day. Here's where it gets messy. I became interested in another girl in the building and was talking to her outside my room last weekend with a few other people. My ex came up and pulled the new girl aside and brought her to her room to talk to her. I dont know what she said, but the new girl said she seemed mad. Later on in the night my (extremely drunk) ex came up to me and said she missed being with me. There is no way im getting back together with her but this whole situation is just f'ed up. I havent talked to the new girl since then (few days). What is my move here? I want to persue the new girl but i dont want her to think shes a rebound and i dont really want to make things worse than they already are.

Oxy Moronovich

Ignore your ex and ask out the new girl. It's that simple.

If the new girl asks about your ex say, "It didn't work out. Our personalities are incompatible. I think she's capable of moving on. But right now she seems focused on keeping us separated out of jealousy. Hopefully, this will pass soon and without incident."

Don't slag your ex. Women (and men, actually) find it a turn-off when a new date really slags their ex.

Do yourself a favor and keep things a less drama filled as they possibly can. If you go after this girl so soon after the messy breakup with your ex, imagine how much drama it will cause not only at the office, but with your potential relationship with her. Let the waters calm, keep your foot down about your ex, and when things are getting somewhat back to normal in the office, then pursue her. But you'll just be asking for trouble if you do so now.