Can I ever date if i had Controlling parents?

quietGuy13

And i'm mentaly insane.

and it affects me in every aspect of life.

So if i started dating i would ruin the date by negativity, or being scared or feeling bad or whatever. The girl wouldn't want a guy like me.

is there any hope?

In fact i had semi dates before which i ruined because i felt really bad at the last minute and i just went back home and didn't meet the girl.

And another time i met another girl and we had good time but after it.. i felt bad and felt like she didn't like me(she didn't say anything but in my mind i was convinced she would rather have an outgoing sassy guy) so i later emailed and explained that i think she doesn't like me so maybe i'm not good enough for her.

So it ended.

Edited by quietGuy13
And i'm mentaly insane.

and it affects me in every aspect of life.

So if i started dating i would ruin the date by negativity, or being scared or feeling bad or whatever. The girl wouldn't want a guy like me.

is there any hope?

Can you specify? What do you mean with 'I'm mentaly insane', do you have a mental illness?

If you feel like you are being 'controlled' by negativity you say comes from your parents, maybe you should change the way you look at things. Because a tree is a tree and its up to you if you think its a beautiful tree, an ugly tree, a scarry tree, a tall tree or a small one.

I mean It's all about your perspective on life.

When you said you met a girl and you had a good time... was that a date? Because if so you've already answered your own question. What was done once can be done again.

Tons of mentaly insane people with controling parents date by the way. So just have fun!

Tons of mentaly insane people date by the way. So just have fun!

Mentally insane is fine. Just avoid the criminally insane. ;)