Is it true that if a woman really likes a man she will sacrifice everything?

budisudaryo

Hi guys,

So a couple of months ago I was seeing my ex's best friend (tricky situation I know, but that's another story) and later she decided to stop seeing me because she just couldn't afford damaging their friendship. People said to me that it's a dubious reason because a woman who really likes you would be willing to sacrifice even her friend. So, what do you think about this?

Hi guys,

So a couple of months ago I was seeing my ex's best friend (tricky situation I know, but that's another story) and later she decided to stop seeing me because she just couldn't afford damaging their friendship. People said to me that it's a dubious reason because a woman who really likes you would be willing to sacrifice even her friend. So, what do you think about this?

I think she finally woke up and realized you weren't worth sacrificing her friendship and soul over.

Karma's a biotch. Play with fire and you might get burned...

No, why would a woman sacrifice everything for a guy she's dating? Obviously, their friendship is more important to her than whatever relationship you had with her, so she made a choice. I'm sure she liked you, but not enough to sacrifice her friend.

In my circle of friends, it is a cardinal sin to become romantically involved with anyone's ex (or present partner, obviously). It feels absolutely wrong and no friend of mine has ever gone there, nor have I. I would expect that any relationship started in an atmosphere of deceit or betrayal would suffer and be far less likely to be successful. I read a statistic once that suggested only 5% of adulterous affairs end in marriage between the wayward person and the affair partner. I think this speaks to the pressure of guilt, as well as the fact that relationships that spring from a profoundly flawed foundation are rarely healthy or survive.

Feelsgoodman
No, why would a woman sacrifice everything for a guy she's dating? Obviously, their friendship is more important to her than whatever relationship you had with her, so she made a choice. I'm sure she liked you, but not enough to sacrifice her friend.

Except the girl already started dating him, so obviously she wasn't too worried about "sacrificing" her friendship with OP's ex. OP, it just sounds like she lost interest (or wasn't very interested to begin with) and is using friendship as an excuse.

• Author
Except the girl already started dating him, so obviously she wasn't too worried about "sacrificing" her friendship with OP's ex. OP, it just sounds like she lost interest (or wasn't very interested to begin with) and is using friendship as an excuse.

This is my thoughts, too. Well, except the "wasn't very interested" part. At first she was head over heels for me and promised she would tell her friend about the situation when the time was right. But after 2 months the sparks weren't quite as strong and i assume it made her see things more clearly.

Never dated my friends' exes and don't plan to. I think it's a selfish idealogy to expect anyone to make sacrifices for you. Why do you even think you deserve it in the first place?

This is my thoughts, too. Well, except the "wasn't very interested" part. At first she was head over heels for me and promised she would tell her friend about the situation when the time was right. But after 2 months the sparks weren't quite as strong and i assume it made her see things more clearly.

So shes a crappy friend anyways who just keeps this stuff behind her friends back.

Id love for your ex to find out so she can be rid of you both. How does that go on for two months and she not be told? She just waited to get bored with you and had no problem going behind a good friends back.

• Author
So shes a crappy friend anyways who just keeps this stuff behind her friends back.

Id love for your ex to find out so she can be rid of you both. How does that go on for two months and she not be told? She just waited to get bored with you and had no problem going behind a good friends back.

She said that she didn't know when would be the right time. I think she was afraid and just wanted to stall.

Edited by budisudaryo
She said that she didn't know when would be the right time. I think she was afraid and just wanted to stall.

Girls are required to grow a pair too when the occasion demands it. She is just spineless. If you want to learn about someone's character see how they treat other people.