Caught a woman looking at me and then she looked away...

Ross MwcFan

I was putting some shopping into the back of my car, I then I caught a woman looking at me. When I caught her looking at me she then looked away.

What does this most likely mean? (don't let how I look in my avvy influence you, just pretend I don't have a picture up)

It means that you rejected her because you didn't walk right up to her and ask her out.

Now she's going to come here and complain about how men never hit on her.

:p

Did she blush when she looked away Ross? More importantly, did you smile at her when you looked at her?

Smile Ross! Always smile, the ladies love it! She probably was checking you out you cheeky rascal! ;)

This happens to me all the time, it doesn't usually mean anything unless they hold eye contact or look straight down after making eyecontact when you look at them.

I've looked at people, attractive, unattractive, male, female, young, old, child, and then looked away. It doesn't mean I liked any of them.

I would say if you catch a woman looking at you like that, look at her, wait for eye contact and say something. Her look could be for any reason, one of them is she is attracted to, only way to know is to prod.

• Author
Did she blush when she looked away Ross? More importantly, did you smile at her when you looked at her?

Smile Ross! Always smile, the ladies love it! She probably was checking you out you cheeky rascal! ;)

Yeah, I never think of smiling when this happens, it's just not an automatic reaction for me for some reason.

I didn't notice her blush, I've never seen any woman blush in my presence.

• Author
This happens to me all the time, it doesn't usually mean anything unless they hold eye contact or look straight down after making eyecontact when you look at them.

I've looked at people, attractive, unattractive, male, female, young, old, child, and then looked away. It doesn't mean I liked any of them.

I would say if you catch a woman looking at you like that, look at her, wait for eye contact and say something. Her look could be for any reason, one of them is she is attracted to, only way to know is to prod.

I don't think she looked down, it was more like she just looked away.

In fact I've never noticed any woman look down after I've caught them looking at me. :(

Sorry man, I don't want to piss on your parade, but when a chick just looks away it's 50-50. If she looks at you and down, it's 90% indicator of atleast some interest.

Try to make eye contact with all the women you see. 90% of them may not look back, especially if you live in a big anonymous city, but some will.

Cracker Jack

Was she near you or was there a good distance between you two?

Either way, I agree with Wolf. Even if she thought you were the hottest guy she saw all day, Ross, none of it matters if you don't at least say anything to her. You can't let some random stare with a woman crush your hope. Seriously.

Yeah, I never think of smiling when this happens, it's just not an automatic reaction for me for some reason.

I didn't notice her blush, I've never seen any woman blush in my presence.

Don't overanalyze it. She checked you out. It's a start :).

You should definitely smile more, it will make you a little bit happier. I'm not someone who smiles all the time, but I always make the effort to smile, especially when I think I am being checked out :laugh:.

I was putting some shopping into the back of my car, I then I caught a woman looking at me. When I caught her looking at me she then looked away.

What does this most likely mean? (don't let how I look in my avvy influence you, just pretend I don't have a picture up)

It doesn't mean too much. Please refer to my thread on women's signals.

However, I suggest the next time that happens to you, move on it anyway. Just walk right up to her and say something stupid. Guys like you and I need to be ballsy.

I saw this woman at the library the other day walking the opposite direction from me in the parking lot from at least 20 yards from me. I could have sworn she gave me a glance. In that split second exchange, I almost went up to her.

"Hey. I thought I saw you looking at me."

Next time, I'll do it and you should too.

It means that you rejected her because you didn't walk right up to her and ask her out.

Now she's going to come here and complain about how men never hit on her.

:p

LOL.

• Author
Was she near you or was there a good distance between you two?

Either way, I agree with Wolf. Even if she thought you were the hottest guy she saw all day, Ross, none of it matters if you don't at least say anything to her. You can't let some random stare with a woman crush your hope. Seriously.

She was about a car length away from me.

Of course it matters. All my life I've wanted concrete proof that some women offline are attracted to me, but I've never found it.

If I did find it, it would make me feel so much better and give me a real boost to my confidence.

Cracker Jack

Still, gauging a woman's interest based on stares and a quick turn-away is still random at best. The only real way to understand if a woman offline is attracted to you is by talking to her, Ross. At this point in your life, you really have nothing to lose by talking to women who you're at least making eye contact with.

Either that, or continue guessing.

Caught a woman looking at me and then she looked away...

Hunt her down and kill her....:laugh:.. kidding...

Ross.. she liked what she saw.. either that or you had a big booger hanging down from your nose..

Enjoy those Ross..the stares from afar... it should make you feel good ...

You still got it...

She looked at you and thought, "is that cousin Bob? Wish I had my glasses. I think that's cousin Bob. Same hair... he doesn't wear shirts like that though... he doesn't pick his nose in public either.. still though.. that really looks like Bob. OH DAMN, he looked up.. NOT Bob."

She saw you and thought, "should I tell him is collar is messed up and he buttoned his shirt one button off? Or wait, did he? Or is that how that shirt is supposed to be? He should tuck it in. Reminds me of that guy that came onto me in the bar and had that white thing hanging from his chin. Couldn't dress himself. OH DAMN, he looked... Get moving, Jane, quit staring. Why do you always do this?"

She saw you and thought, "Look at the curve of his back and those strong hands. Damn.. I'd do him if I had a vagina. Can't wait for the operation. I'm going to go home and change out of these heels and tell Mike I think I found our threesome. OH DAMN, he caught me looking. I can't do that. Too nervous now. OK, off to get the wine. Need to stop daydreaming."

She was about a car length away from me.

Of course it matters. All my life I've wanted concrete proof that some women offline are attracted to me, but I've never found it.

If I did find it, it would make me feel so much better and give me a real boost to my confidence.

Sorry bro, but it doesn't mean anything. Women will look at someone they see potential in, who is standing in front of an object they want to see, who is the only moving object in the direct environment etc, but they're differently wired than men. We can decide within seconds whether or not we want sex/a relationship with someone we see, women simply don't think that way. On the bright side, it doesn't mean she wasn't interested either, so don't give up hope. Also, I'm convinced most guys won't ever see a woman look at them because of some crazy attraction thing in their lifetime, despite what Hollywood sells us.

500th post, wish it would've been more positive, but c'est la vie.

You should definitely smile more, it will make you a little bit happier. I'm not someone who smiles all the time, but I always make the effort to smile, especially when I think I am being checked out :laugh:.

This is great advice.

I get approached and chatted up constantly and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that that I'm cheerful and smile at people.

I get approached and chatted up constantly and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that that I'm cheerful and smile at people.

Sorry to break it to you Allina.. it really is your cleavage and low cut shirt :laugh:

Women are trained by their mothers and expected by society to be demure, and most do their best to conform. They are careful to avoid eye contact with men they aren't interested in. If you caught her looking chances are that she intended for you to catch her, and then looked away to maintain the facade of modesty. When this happens you should approach immediately––no hesitation whatsoever. She will be self-conscious and you need to at once put her at ease and take control of the conversation.

Edited by salparadise