I'm so torn

pinkbunni3xz

I've been dating my boyfriend for about a year now. Lately in the last month, it was extremely rocky. We've been getting into a lot of arguments I admit a lot of it has to do with me picking at little things. He wanted to break up in the beginning of the month and then after a week of NC he comes running back and realizes what a mistake he has made. Then when we get back together when we argue or something, he immediately shuts down and then doesn't talk to me for another couple days. This has been going on and off for the past month and I am just so sick of it. He knows what I need in a relationship and that is to feel safe and secure and not having someone just running off when things gets bad or throws the break up line. I know he's not cheating because he values loyalty a lot and I've actually knows him through a long term friend so I know he's not a cheating type. I am just so tired of this indecisiveness I told him let's just take a month's break until Feb.

He claims he needs time to think. He doesn't understand why he promises me and then can't commit. He just started school and is learning a lot. He told me he needs time to grow. When I mentioned if we should see other people, he got so mad and said " I wasn't even thinking about that, but if you want go ahead".

I don't even know what I'm looking for from your responses. I know what the deep issues are. I'm just so torn inside. I know if he wanted to be with me he would know. I don't think I need to convince someone to be with me. During this month we know that if we want to get back together he need to make a fresh start. One of the things we need to work on is trusting each other. I wish things wouldn't be so complicated.