Is he interested or just being polite?

Twos Company

I went on a date Saturday evening with a guy from an online dating site. The evening went well, he looked nice in the flesh and I found him good company. Conversation flowed and all seemed to go well. We parted with a hug, but he didn't mention meeting again.

He sent me a text after he got home saying he had a nice time, was nice to meet me. I replied the same, he sent another reply just on how his journey home had been, I replied to that one, then said goodnight, he replied good night back. (kisses on the end of the texts by us both.)

My question is...that was Saturday evening and I haven;t heard anymore, I would like to see him again but want the move to come from him, what do you think? Is he interested at all judging by what I've told you? Should I just wait and see?

It sounds as if he's interested. I'd wait until tomorrow around noon and text him a simple "Hi :)" or "Good morning/afternoon!" and leave it at that. If he replies, great, you are talking -- if not, you're not coming across as desperate or needy so no loss on your part. Don't send multiple texts though; if he doesn't reply, let it go.

• Author

Thanks. I kind of see the fact he hasn't contacted me after the initial texts as a sign that he now won't. Why would he wait this long? Unless trying to play it cool, but in that case, why did he get in tough by text straight after the date? Just find this one hard to read really.

He sent the last text, maybe he's waiting for you to send the next one.

You went out Saturday, it is now Monday. That isn't long at all. That's one day. I wouldn't worry.

• Author

Thanks Lulu. I just logged into the site and saw he's been online this morning, having not been on there since before meeting me. Not looking good I'd say. You're right. he did send the last text, but it was a brief 'good night'. Surely he would not be waiting for me to text if he was that interested? I hate this kind of thing as I know I could send him a message but I somehow want him to contact me first, just a gut thing really.

Thanks Lulu. I just logged into the site and saw he's been online this morning, having not been on there since before meeting me. Not looking good I'd say. You're right. he did send the last text, but it was a brief 'good night'. Surely he would not be waiting for me to text if he was that interested? I hate this kind of thing as I know I could send him a message but I somehow want him to contact me first, just a gut thing really.

Don't read so much into things! You've met him once, he could have been going online for the same reason you did -- to check YOUR profile. Who knows. You're creating a lot of complication in your own head which could be easily saved by a Hi text. I get not wanting to make the next move, but saying hello is not making a move. Asking him to do something is a move.

• Author

I agree! I sent him a text last night just saying hope he's enjoyed the rest of his weekend. No reply as yet. Will just wait and see now.

willowthewisp

I had something similar a while back. He text me right after the date and said thank you for a lovely evening and then another, good night. That was about 2 months ago and I have not heard from again.

I wasn't surprised, the date did not go brilliantly, my fault, I had a bad day at work and was not very talkative. Howvver, it wasn't a disaster either, but clearly he did not want to see me again. (His mistake and loss I feel lol) But anyway, my point is that I have found when a guy likes you he will want to set up a date or at least ask you out again very quickly after the first date. If he just thanks you for a nice evening or your company or just texts general chit chat but does not ask you out again, move on...

Sorry to be blunt but remember it his loss sweetie. Delete his number, that is what I did :) and get right back out there to finding someone who does see how wonderful, special and valuable YOU are.

• Author

Thanks. He texted me back today, mentioning we should do it again, and a couple more texts flowed between us. So basically will leave it in his court now to get another date lined up.

I just started a very similar thread from the guy side. I hate the games. I think someone should just be honest and say the connection wasn't there. It hurts to hear, but you're not wondering for 3 - 5 days. My date was Friday. I wasn't about to do anything for a few days. I texted her Sunday and she waited until late Monday morning to respond. I haven't responded to her yet and I am VERY interested. If I wasn't interested, I would be honest, but not all men and women are like that.

• Author

But if you hate the games, why play them by holding out on responding to her? I am left with an unclear idea of whether my guy is interested or not for the very reason he left a gap which I in a way filled in by texting him as a prompt I guess, and despite getting a response I'm still unsure!! Phew, it shouldn't be this hard lol.

But if you hate the games, why play them by holding out on responding to her? I am left with an unclear idea of whether my guy is interested or not for the very reason he left a gap which I in a way filled in by texting him as a prompt I guess, and despite getting a response I'm still unsure!! Phew, it shouldn't be this hard lol.

I'm waiting because she is either not interested or playing the game. I have found that if a woman is playing the game, you HAVE to play it back. That's what works with HER. But I do hate them. I'll call her tonight and ask her out. But I bet a lot of money, she will not answer and take a day to call me back. Grrrrrr........