No future with a person do you continue to date

k100danny

Basically it took me a while to get over my last relationship and then i started to date a few people, wsnt really interested in any of them and then i meet someone who i am really falling for. She came out of a 4 year relatioship that had been on and off for around 2 years about 4 months ago.

Basically when we first went on a date she told me she was going travelling in 7 months for a couple of years and then she planned to settle down. she seems really into me, gets jealous about other girls ect or if someone seems to show interest, she is very affectionate but she has told me if i fall in love with you i will still leave. she said she planned to go away travelling again (she had previously done it for 2 years) but then she met her ex and she said she really regretted staying. so im thinking maybe she just isnt ready for a relationship as she seems set on the fact she will go whatever, or maybe that is just the way she is feeling now.

I dont want to get my heartbroken but it is very hard not to still want to see her, This could just be a case of right person wrong time i guess. Im really not sure what to do, as much as it would hurt now to say lets just leave it i cant stand the thought of her not being available to me.

Neither of your options is wrong:

Leave and protect your heart from further investment.

Stay and enjoy it for the finite time remaining.

There's an element of poignancy to the second option, that could be very enriching, should you choose to see it that way.

But...

I've been this girl--twice.

And I left--twice.

Like her, I was upfront and clear about my intentions.

Both men tried to subtly change my mind over time but neither succeeded.

Trying and failing to keep me here deepened their feelings of rejection, I think.

Don't make that mistake.

If you decide to stay with her, try to REALLY embrace that there will be an ending.

It can help you appreciate the time spent together all the more.