Fade in/ fade out guy back

Twos Company

Just a quick recap as this otherwise this could end up a really long winded post.

A guy messaged me on an online dating site over two and a half years ago. We spoke on the phone and got on really well.

Meeting up was mentioned but nothing was arranged, this was due to different schedules/children etc. I was all for it and in reality it was him who was a bit elusive re dates to meet. He then just dissappeared whereapon we lost touch.

Out of the blue months later I get a text saying he had lost my number (?!) but I respond as I really liked him and he seemed a genuine guy despite the obvious elusiveness.

Again I get the 'would be lovely to finally meet' chat...all by text I may add. I pin him down to a day to talk properly on the phone...no call materialises and I leave it at that.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, and up he pops on an online dating site I'm on. (This is well over a year since I last heard from him)

I, playing a bit devilish I guess, send him a message, all casual. He responds straight away...so follows a few messages, he says he regrets not meeting me before but no reason is given and I don't ask.

He asks if I have met anyone since we were last in touch and I ask him the same thing, he says he has had a couple of 'brief relationships 'red alert', so how come he could have met them and not me? Anyhow, I say nothing.

He leaves me his number saying to text anytime.

I do the next day, we to and fro a few messages. The talk turns to meeting, he couldn't do last weekend due to having his kids so we agree on this weekend.

I hear nothing more so on the Monday I see him online , ask how he is, he says he has a cold and is stressed at work.

I reply, then hear no more back.

On the Thursday I send him a message asking how he is and if we are still ok for meeting up this weekend. He replies the next day, apologising but he's been to the doctor and has an infection..and could we reschedule.

This is where it's at now. I really don't know if this is him being evasive again, am I a backup? Seems he was fine until it came near to the time for meeting. I feel I should not even bother responding to him, but what if he really is sick? My gut says I'm being lied to. Please any thought anyone?

Edited by Twos Company
  • Author

What does that mean?? Direct would be a vast improvement. Do you know how lousy I feel, putting hopes into this guy and STILL having time for him after all the times he faded on me?

Disenchantedly Yours

Twos Company. Follow your gut. I do not think this man would be a good one for you. Past behavior is a great predicter of future behavior.

• Author

Thanks, I think you are spot on there, I do not have a good feeling about his behaviour.

The member who answered my post first has deleted their ever so unhelpful comment, in case anyone is wondering what my above post is referring to.

Edited by Twos Company

What happened to the other guy, the wonderful one you met and everything was so easy and fun with?

This one is a waste of your time.

• Author

I saw the other guy twice, the second time he showed a side of himself I didn't like, a complete turn off ( watching a film and he got his little man out and also wore no underpants!) When I said I didn't want to see him again he became abusive.

Thanks for taking the time to reply, and glad that you agree with what my instincts are telling me.

.. the second time he showed a side of himself I didn't like, a complete turn off ( watching a film and he got his little man out and also wore no underpants!) When I said I didn't want to see him again he became abusive.

What are guys thinking when they do things like this, don't they know how offensive it is to women?

• Author

Well just to update you, I didn't reply to his 'sorry I'm ill' message at all. I saw him online that night at about midnight (must have got up to take some paracetamol!!) and he was online steadily from Sunday evening onwards and all week long. What a total flake, so glad I didn't give him a response.