Meeting someone from online

michiganmale27

michiganmale27

I've been talking to this girl for the past several days. We are going to meet today, and for some crazy reason I have all kinds of butterflies floating in my stomach. I've been on many dates/relationships in my lifetime, but some crazy reason I'm really nervous about this one. Is this normal?

midlifecrisis

Sure its normal, and is especially so because you met her on-line. Did she have a picture? Did you talk to her on the phone? Lots of e-mails? Absences of any of those things means its not going to be much easier than a blind date. A mysterious adventure perhaps!

• Author
michiganmale27

Update,

Everything went GREAT this evening. I thought it was going to be a quick date the way things started out, but I ended up talking to her until about 12am this morning. Going out again Saturday....JOOYYYY!!!!

Glad to hear things worked out for ya. The first person I met from online gave me a fake pic. Talked to her for over a month before. Needless to say I was pissed & it was very awkward. Glad we met at a public place. I made an excuse to get outta there.

I did meet someone & the relationship only lasted a month. I find that alot of people on there are only looking for sex. That alot of it is infactuation. I've actually had someone tell me the 'loved' me without ever meeting me. I put a halt to it right there. People get this fantasy image about someone they talk to online, and majority of the time the person they chat with isn't the same person they meet.

If I were single and to consider meeting someone online I would need more than just pics. They would need a webcam. Too many fakes out there. Second, I would wait at least a month before sex.. Since alot are out there for that.. Good luck!

• Author
michiganmale27

Thanks, yes we had seen each other via webcam and everything. I was really nervous meeting this women, as she is five years older than me. For some crazy reason that was intimidating to me, however things went great.

She smiled, and laughed all night with me. I was gettting the impression she was dropping hints to me that she wanted to go out again, as she was saying I don't have to work Friday or Saturday. When she was saying this to me, it relaxed me to where I was able to be myself.

We are going out again Saturday, she wanted to go out Friday but I had made prior arrangements with one of my friends. I'm really looking forward to this.

I would like to wish EVERYBODY, a Happy New Year. Hopefully 2004 will be better to everyone than this past year was. God Bless!!!