I think i need more confidence

Wolf18

So I took another girl I met recently out. It was about our 4th meeting. We have a lot in common and there is never a dull moment between us. I make her laugh so hard she falls on the floor and cant get up, she writes down things I say telling me how wise and brilliant they are, and told me how masculine and chivalrous I am and how she really appreciates men like me. She tells me how charming and intelligent I am , and ...how self-assured I am. Escalated kino and was touching her , etc in a romantic way and saying all the right things to make sure she is thinking of me romantically instead of as a "friend". Did everything by the book, and really should not have had the following happen :

I drop her off, go in for the kiss, and get rebuked. This is the 5th girl in a row that I was almost sure liked me but doesn't. I guess it must be my confidence :rolleyes:

AHardDaysNight

She never liked you in that way, man. She was probably just trying to be nice.

• Author
She never liked you in that way, man. She was probably just trying to be nice.

Sorry I can tell authentic interest in someone over just being nice. Not to mention she is the one who always calls me to go out with her , which led me to think she was interested in me romantically.

I'm pretty sure she likes spending time with me, she just isn't physically attracted to me, which is fine, even though that's 4-5 times in a row that this happens it's life. But I think after this happens so many times it's pretty safe to say the "confidence" and personality-pedalers on this forum are dead wrong.

AHardDaysNight

There are the rare girls out there who hate kissing, or the idea of it is enough to be a phobia.

I forget the medical term for it, but google kissing phobia, and you should come up with it.

Irregardless, minus the pipe, and plus a smile, you'd probably be above average in looks.

I think that some approaches to a first kiss are better than others, and it's possible your approach was too abrupt.

Start a thread on the technique of the first kiss.

• Author
There are the rare girls out there who hate kissing, or the idea of it is enough to be a phobia.

Nah, I made my move and she pushed me away and gave me the "let's be friends" line.

Irregardless, minus the pipe, and plus a smile, you'd probably be above average in looks.[/Quote]

I think it's the fact that I'm broke, don't have a car (don't really need one where I live), and she's the same height as me (I know this is perhaps THE biggest turnoff for women).

The funny thing is she called some other dude who I think she recently started dating, who makes 6 figures and is taller, and she called him angrily when I was taking her out asking him why he never has any interesting to do like I do :rolleyes:. Women want their cake and to eat it too. I'm going to have to cut this one off too.

AHardDaysNight

Just don't bother, man. This girl isn't worth it.

Someone who genuinely likes you will appreciate you for you.

• Author
Just don't bother, man. This girl isn't worth it.

Someone who genuinely likes you will appreciate you for you.

I don't need this feel-good business. I know one day it'll work in my favor, but what kind of let's me down is that a lot of girls can't just like me for me instead of my ability to drive them around, tower over them, or buy them things. this is the kind of experience that makes men see women as interchangeable sex objects when they finally jump the barrier and become romantically viable to women.

Sorry I can tell authentic interest in someone over just being nice. Not to mention she is the one who always calls me to go out with her , which led me to think she was interested in me romantically.

I'm pretty sure she likes spending time with me, she just isn't physically attracted to me, which is fine, even though that's 4-5 times in a row that this happens it's life. But I think after this happens so many times it's pretty safe to say the "confidence" and personality-pedalers on this forum are dead wrong.

Yeah it gets annoying the cliche fluff advice on here and other sites of confidence being the magic potion to make women attracted to you

If a women isnt physcially attracted to you chances are slim to none shell get with you no matter how much she likes your personality or "confidence"

So I took another girl I met recently out. It was about our 4th meeting. We have a lot in common and there is never a dull moment between us. I make her laugh so hard she falls on the floor and cant get up, she writes down things I say telling me how wise and brilliant they are, and told me how masculine and chivalrous I am and how she really appreciates men like me. She tells me how charming and intelligent I am , and ...how self-assured I am. Escalated kino and was touching her , etc in a romantic way and saying all the right things to make sure she is thinking of me romantically instead of as a "friend". Did everything by the book, and really should not have had the following happen :

I drop her off, go in for the kiss, and get rebuked. This is the 5th girl in a row that I was almost sure liked me but doesn't. I guess it must be my confidence :rolleyes:

Damn, some women really suck.

I was originally going to have "women suck" but that's a little too widespread.

• Author
Damn, some women really suck.

I was originally going to have "women suck" but that's a little too widespread.

Yes, girls tell me straight that I'm very confident, witty, fun to be around and loving, so then why don't any of these women like me? According to Loveshack, that's omg what really matters.

I really am curious what these girls say about me when they're alone with their female friends. It's the only way I would get the truth out of them. I wish I would know because if it's something in my power, I would perhaps try to address it and if it's not in my power then it would save me a lot of time I waste with women and dedicate my time and money to whoremongering :lmao:

I would honestly rather women hate me and want to get away from me than love my personality and reject me anyway. I think the latter hurts a lot more.

Mutant Debutante
Nah, I made my move and she pushed me away and gave me the "let's be friends" line.

I think it's the fact that I'm broke, don't have a car (don't really need one where I live), and she's the same height as me (I know this is perhaps THE biggest turnoff for women).

The funny thing is she called some other dude who I think she recently started dating, who makes 6 figures and is taller, and she called him angrily when I was taking her out asking him why he never has any interesting to do like I do :rolleyes:. Women want their cake and to eat it too. I'm going to have to cut this one off too.

Hold the phone. She has a boyfriend, and you're trying to figure out why she didn't want you to kiss her?

We all wish we could know what women were really thinking about us.

I would honestly rather women hate me and want to get away from me than love my personality and reject me anyway. I think the latter hurts a lot more.

What I've come to understand, is that when a woman loves your personality and thinks you will be a great friend, but refuse to actually date you or get physical; it means she is rejecting you as a man.

It's like she's saying, "You'd be a great girlfriend"

So of course we get mad and it hurts when a woman denies our masculinity.

• Author
Hold the phone. She has a boyfriend, and you're trying to figure out why she didn't want you to kiss her?

She started seeing him very recently so I doubt it's her official boyfriend. Regardless, every girl will discard her boyfriend if a better option presents itself so even that's a moot point .

• Author
I've known guys who were very witty, confident, etc. but in a way that was unattractive to both women and men. It's hard to explain, but some people come across like they are putting on an act and trying too hard, which can be very off putting.

No, it isn't that, because if it was then these girls wouldn't want to hang out with me 1 on 1 all the time. This is pretty much out of left field.

So of course we get mad and it hurts when a woman denies our masculinity.[/Quote]

Yes. If I'm an overt sleazebag and the woman reject me, I get a good laugh as do all my friends , and my masculinity is not only in tact but actually empowered. But when I actually try to put my best foot forward, and put myself out there, and women still think I'm not good enough (even if they're rather plain looking , which is the case of the most recent one) that actually can sting. Then they squeeze the lemon over the wound by telling me how amazing my personality is and how caring and lovable I am, and yet when I ask them why they don't want to be with me they come up with the most absurd excuses that I see right through.

I wish women were just honest, tell a guy right off the bat that you are not attracted to him and never will be or he doesn't have the "ambition" (money) you require in a mate, and then let him make a choice if he wants to keep seeing you as a friend. The ambiguity and the fake hope you get from these personality-compliments just makes you wish women would just go away.

Edited by Wolf18