What are signs that a guy is leading you on?

Zuala

Think this is happening to me right now :mad: and would like some insight on this!

Like why would a guy act interested if he is not. It is seriously confusing.

For the same reason that women do it: he is hedging his bets because he is talking to several girls at the same time. Or he is simply shy

DirtyDancing

Oh wow, this is the million dollar question! I am DYING to know this answer for my situation as well. It's so frustrating!!!

I don't think it's necessarily about another woman; I have NO IDEA why a man would clearly show you he is interested but not be active in pursuing you. I agree, shyness or uncertainty is a factor though.

If he says one thing and does a another....he is leading you one.

Btw, never assume you are the only person he is seeing unless you have established that....so he is seeing other women most likely.

Also men do not like to hurt a women feelings and will go to great lengths including lies of omission to avoid putting themselves in that position so he is not going to tell you.

If he makes no effort to see u and you do most of the work, he is leading you on.

He is into you if

He is calling even if he is busy.

He is going to text you.

He is going to want to see you.

He is going

G to want to touch you.

He is going to want to take you out.

You feel persued

If it don't feel right to you....you dont feel special...you probably right about him.

Edited by 9Lives
Sorry for errors. I'm on the ipad
Think this is happening to me right now :mad: and would like some insight on this!

Like why would a guy act interested if he is not. It is seriously confusing.

@ Zuala

Your post simply doesn't give enough information to get a balanced answer.In what way exactly is he 'acting interested' to lead you on?

Ladies tell us guys all the time that just because they smile at us or spend time with us ,laugh at our jokes etc doesn't mean they like us that way.If you're reading signals that aren't really there then that's not his fault is it?

Just WOMAN UP already and ask him on a date! Depending on his answer you'll know where you stand with him;)

@ Zuala

Your post simply doesn't give enough information to get a balanced answer.In what way exactly is he 'acting interested' to lead you on?

Ladies tell us guys all the time that just because they smile at us or spend time with us ,laugh at our jokes etc doesn't mean they like us that way.If you're reading signals that aren't really there then that's not his fault is it?

Just WOMAN UP already and ask him on a date! Depending on his answer you'll know where you stand with him;)

^This. This exactly. What may be "acting interested" to you, could be a simple smile to others.

What has he done to show interest and disinterest?

A man could be interested but if you show interest, if he is insecure or feels unlovable, not good enough, unworthy, etc., he will get scared and back off or sabotage, then come back again. I used to do this before I eliminated the beliefs mentioned as well as dozens more. Fortunately I no longer attract that type of man any more. Often if you wind up dating, they will just ruin it. Hard work!

Oh wow, this is the million dollar question! I am DYING to know this answer for my situation as well. It's so frustrating!!!

I don't think it's necessarily about another woman; I have NO IDEA why a man would clearly show you he is interested but not be active in pursuing you. I agree, shyness or uncertainty is a factor though.

@ DirtyDancing & FitChick

Hah! Try walking a mile in our shoes. Us guys have been asking a similar question from women for ages. Why does a woman give 'come on' signals and when the guys makes a move she blows him off,shoots him down or worse! It's so frustrating!!!

Would it be wrong for me to say these women enjoy playing mind games and leading men on ?:confused:

And if a guy did get into a relationship with her, she would just ruin it. Too much hard work

Edited by filani
A man could be interested but if you show interest, if he is insecure or feels unlovable, not good enough, unworthy, etc., he will get scared and back off or sabotage, then come back again. I used to do this before I eliminated the beliefs mentioned as well as dozens more. Fortunately I no longer attract that type of man any more. Often if you wind up dating, they will just ruin it. Hard work!

Hah! Try walking a mile in our shoes. Us guys have been asking a similar question from women for ages. Why does a women give 'come on' signals and when the guys makes a move she blows him off,shoots him down or worse! It's so frustrating!!!

Would it be wrong for me to say these women enjoy playing mind games and leading men on ?:confused:

And if a guy did get into a relationship with her, she would just ruin it. Too much hard work

This is why I go straight for the kill when a woman shows interest.

Is she flirting? I get the digits.

She don't want to give them? Then why the hell is she trying to waste my time with flirting when there are other women to be talked to? Buh-Bye.

She gives me the digits? I call as soon as I got the time (after kids goto sleep usually) She don't pick up? I leave a message. She don't call back? she aint interested.

She does call back? I ask her out. She gives me excuses? She isn't interested. I tell her to call me when she wants to go out.

Basically, once I make it clear I am interested in dating them there is very little effort on my part if they are interested.

It just happens.

Nobody can lead anyone on if you make it clear what you want & their actions do not show they want the same thing.

DirtyDancing

Basically, once I make it clear I am interested in dating them there is very little effort on my part if they are interested.

It just happens.

Nobody can lead anyone on if you make it clear what you want & their actions do not show they want the same thing.

^ This is great!!!. If you feel confused about someone's intentions, when words and actions don't match, all these are signs.

DirtyDancing

Hah! Try walking a mile in our shoes. Us guys have been asking a similar question from women for ages. Why does a woman give 'come on' signals and when the guys makes a move she blows him off,shoots him down or worse! It's so frustrating!!!

I personally do not give 'come on' signals unless I am interested. Why waste time? I guess as it is for men, an ego boost to feel desired. I do think that men putting off the signals are more clear though and less room for misinterpretation.. in my experience it's always been pretty obvious!

This is why I go straight for the kill when a woman shows interest.

Is she flirting? I get the digits.

She don't want to give them? Then why the hell is she trying to waste my time with flirting when there are other women to be talked to? Buh-Bye.

She gives me the digits? I call as soon as I got the time (after kids goto sleep usually) She don't pick up? I leave a message. She don't call back? she aint interested.

(On to the next one LOL :D)

She does call back? I ask her out. She gives me excuses? She isn't interested. I tell her to call me when she wants to go out.

Basically, once I make it clear I am interested in dating them there is very little effort on my part if they are interested

It just happens.

@ Phineas

Slow down with the 'going in for the kill when a woman shows interest' bro , you haven't come across the ones that will call the cops on your @$$ and have you put in jail for sexual harrassment so fast it'll make your head spin :eek: it's not a pretty sight. I'm not sayin' all women are like that but it's a clear risk to you and men in general. Is it any wonder that less and less guys are interested in 'making the first move?'

With that said , i like the tone of your post. You're not going to take any B.S from a chick no matter how hot she thinks she is, if she doesn't act right you're gonna kick her to the curb. Slick :cool: