Crash and Burn

DontWorryBHappy

DontWorryBHappy

I had met this guy who I started to really like. Unfortunately I found out that he had just come out of a four year relationship. Even more horrifying, I later found out that he had a lot of trouble staying faithful to his ex over those four years. Before I knew that, we had been getting closer and spending a lot of time together. One day while at his place he randomly asked how I would feel if he were to hook up with other girls. I told him I would need to think about that one. He told me he wasn't ready for a relationship, so it shouldn't have come as a shock to hear him say that, but I guess I didn't think about it that far.

I had come to really like him, so I convinced myself that I should bail out now before I became more attached and had to hear about him hooking up with other girls. So I told him we should be friends. Then that weekend I realized how much I really liked him, and got really depressed. That Monday I saw him, and he had massive hickies on his neck >_<. A girl that he had hooked up with after the break up with his ex had come down for the weekend. So he said he liked her now, AND me. I'm thinking they probably would have hooked up even if I hadn't said "let's be friends". I mean, he DID warn me of that. I got all emotional. It sucked. Then I came to my senses and said alright, so we're just friends then.

Can someone knock some sense into me and remind me of how important it is for me to ONLY be his friend (instead of convincing myself that it would be ok to kiss him or whatever but not have sex). I find myself trying to rationalize it...