LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

I think my manager might like me and I might like him!

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Old 19th September 2011, 9:49 PM   #1

I think my manager might like me and I might like him!

So I just started working at this restaurant as a server nearly two months ago, and even though I don't work with my boss often, everytime we do work, he says and does things for me that make me think he likes me. For instance, when I smile or say something silly it makes him smile and chuckle. When I'm busy and possibly fall behind he picks up for me and makes me things I need. Once when I had to call him for help he kept talking and wouldn't hang up even though I said goodbye! It's not just a look thing either. It's cute yes, but he isn't the cutest guy I've seen. There is just something about him that I absolutely adore. Once when I came into work with my brother he gave me a discount even though my GM said employees don't get their discount unless they are on the clock. He gave me a discount and he even waited on me. I know it's bad and definitely forbidden to date a co-worker especially a manager. Everytime I hear he is working when I am I become really excited and my heart beats faster. My manager is also single and close with his family. I don't know if anything will come of this, because I don't know his feelings but I know I have feelings for him. I don't know if I should keep it a secret from him or wait until I can switch to nights so I can work with him more and further get to know him.
purpleninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th September 2011, 11:30 PM   #2
Established Member

Thrownaway pretty much nailed it imo. The only thing I would add is that flirting is just fine. You can get to know him and see where it goes. When I was managing a restaurant I had a couple short, but harmless relationships with employees. All ended well and nobody got in trouble.

Just saying it is possible, but see where it goes, don't push it. Heck, just being smitten is fun sometimes. Good luck and I hope you get what you want