LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Appropriate to wait 4 days to call?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Old 11th September 2011, 6:53 PM   #1
Established Member

Appropriate to wait 4 days to call?

Our 1st date seemed to go very well, however he waited four days to follow up. Is that any cause for concern?
SoccerPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 6:56 PM   #2
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoccerPlaya View Post
Our 1st date seemed to go very well, however he waited four days to follow up. Is that any cause for concern?
Well, are you concerned? Or do you need us to tell you if you should be concerned?

Some people would be. Some people would be happy to get a call.
oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 6:59 PM   #3
Established Member

Was there any say texting in between?

I'd never wait 4 days after a date to contact someone if I wanted to see them again. Though there are some guys who play that game...if he contacted you again, he's still interested in some shape or form
Casablanca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 7:30 PM   #4
Established Member

Not necessarily. Maybe he got this awfully retarded advice to wait several days not to look desperate?
rafallus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 7:43 PM   #5
Established Member

Some don't even bother to call back! Really suppose to wait a 3-4 days then call back, unless your okay with the quick turn around time of call-back!
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 7:45 PM   #6
Established Member

I'd be feeling uncomfortable if he took that long to get back to me. I think by the time I got the call, I'd have mentally dumped him.
spiderowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 8:02 PM   #7
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderowl View Post
I'd be feeling uncomfortable if he took that long to get back to me. I think by the time I got the call, I'd have mentally dumped him.
Me too. In my experience those that are truly interested don't wait. Geesh, my last ex text me 15 minutes after our date saying something sweet and wanting to know when we could meet up again. I'd see the 4 day thing as either game playing or a sign of so-so interest. Either way, if someone waits 4 days to call me, I've usually already moved on.
D-Lish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th September 2011, 8:19 PM   #8
Established Member

What happens if she or he goes out of town. You call them up just to get put on notice that they can't talk to you because they're not available to talk. They'll call you back. But in most cases they forget to call you back. So you have to call and play tag until you get them.
coolheadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 9:25 AM   #9
Established Member

Thanks

No there was no texting in between, although he's not big into texting or computers anyway.

I feel really torn

Part of me is saying 'Relax. Don't be ridiculous' and the other part is saying 'you should have higher standards'
SoccerPlaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2011, 9:58 AM   #10
Established Member

He waited 4 days to 'follow up'? Did that follow-up include setting up another date? And by date I mean an out in public date, not a 'dinner and movie at my place' date. With a concrete day and time and place, not a vague 'Let's go out again' statement. If so, then go on the date and have fun. If not, I'd definitely move on. If he didn't at least ask you for another date as described above, he's just looking to have you as a booty call.

Last edited by tigressA; 12th September 2011 at 10:01 AM..
tigressA is offline   Reply With Quote