What about the ugly people?

Mangomonkey

everyone always talking about dating average or above average people. What about the ugly people?

They make GREAT partners. They have soo much personality its crazy. And you know what. Their people to.

everyone always talking about dating average or above average people. What about the ugly people?

They make GREAT partners. They have soo much personality its crazy. And you know what. Their people to.

How ugly are you?

There is a limit, you know?

Overthirtymale

I don't know about that. Ugly people have real self-esteem issues that make them well..uglier. They don't seem to smile a lot either. I think what bothers me most is the children you can have with ugly people. I definitely don't want ugly kids, meaning I don't want my kids to live life being unaccepted in this world (even though I still love them to death).

Ugly/Beautiful are such relative terms. I DO NOT like a lot of muscles for example, I like guys with meat, I want to cuddle with something soft, not with a rock. My s/o wishes I had a little more chunk. What's appealing to the eye isn't always appealing to the touch..

I've had guy and girl friends who I thought were absolutely gorgeous and been told they were dogs. I've been called a dog, I've been called beautiful.

Who cares about the people who don't like you bc you don't meet their standards? Why should you?

From what I've read in LS threads and see in pictures posted by members, most of the world that I once considered average would be LS ugly. Billions :D

The good news is many or most of them have loving intimate and familial relationships and produce 'average' (or LS ugly) children.

Evolution continues.

The terms "ugly" and beautiful" are relative.

My friends have never found a guy I've dated to be attractive in their eyes and vise versa.

Feelin Frisky

It is ugly persons, not "the ugly people". That's like "the blacks" or "the fat people". One at a time. So, ugly is subjective. Some are truly heinous, others, just not attractive in any way. One at a time/

I actually see more unattractive people in longer term healthy relationships then nice looking. They are everywhere.

Ugly people need talent or intelligence to overcome their appearance. Barbra Streisand and Bette Midler spring to mind. I once dated and fell in love with a man whom I'd seen on TV, in newspapers and magazines and before we ever met I thought, What an unattractive guy. We wound up working at the same company and he pursued me. On our first date I thought, There is no way I would ever be attracted. Over time his persistence paid off. He was funny and intelligent and his body, not his face, was "my type." No, it was not Rupert Murdoch! I do have some standards! :p

I actually see more unattractive people in longer term healthy relationships then nice looking. They are everywhere.

I would not say unattractive as I know many unattractive single people. Then again I don't think Barbara or Bette are ugly. I think they are average. I think average looking people realize when they have a good thing and can compromise and stay in a relationship for it. Really attractive people have their choice of mates. It is usually the above average that I see single the most at they are not hot enough to get the really attractive people they want and often do not want to 'settle' for the average people. Often, these were former really attractive people that have aged and grown a bit less attractive over the years.

AHardDaysNight
I don't know about that. Ugly people have real self-esteem issues that make them well..uglier. They don't seem to smile a lot either. I think what bothers me most is the children you can have with ugly people. I definitely don't want ugly kids, meaning I don't want my kids to live life being unaccepted in this world (even though I still love them to death).

I am pretty ugly, and I smile a great deal. Your argument is invalid.

I would not say unattractive as I know many unattractive single people. Then again I don't think Barbara or Bette are ugly. I think they are average. I think average looking people realize when they have a good thing and can compromise and stay in a relationship for it. Really attractive people have their choice of mates. It is usually the above average that I see single the most at they are not hot enough to get the really attractive people they want and often do not want to 'settle' for the average people. Often, these were former really attractive people that have aged and grown a bit less attractive over the years.

I see many slightly above average with other above to slightly above average.... they are usually boring couples. My view is there is someone for everyone, it's just by chance that you may meet them.

From what I've read in LS threads and see in pictures posted by members, most of the world that I once considered average would be LS ugly. Billions :D
Ain't that the truth!

Barbra Streisand and Bette Midler spring to mind.

Case in point.

The terms "ugly" and beautiful" are relative.

My friends have never found a guy I've dated to be attractive in their eyes and vise versa.

So true. My women friends and I seem to have completely different taste in men. That is a great comfort because my women friends are gorgeous.

Disenchantedly Yours
I am pretty ugly, and I smile a great deal. Your argument is invalid.

That made me laugh. It was cute. :)

My girlfriends and I also don't have the same taste in men. Who I find cute they don't and vice versa, thank goodness!

Further, I have found that it's more about chemistry then good looks. I have been completely turned off by stereotypical hot guys and completely turned on by stereotypical hot guys. I have also been turned on completely by average joes and turned off completely by average joes. I have even been turned completely on by men that some might not consider even average and vice versa. It's all about the chemistry. One man I was involved in wasn't stereotypically handsome but I was lustily attracted to him and enjoyed sex with him very much. Sadly this relationships eventually didn't work out but a little part of me always misses him.

Also, I wouldn't really go by what people say online when it comes to people's looks. I find people to be irrationally more critical of others online then in real life.

I see plenty of fat and/or ugly people find love.

The only ones who never do are the ones who keep chasing "hot" or "super hot" people, or the ones who wallow in low self-esteem and believe they're doomed for life.

My best friends are both obese and not exactly the most "beautiful looking". One is married and the other is practically married. Their women are also not hot looking women, but they're sweet and have beauty in their own way.

IMHO...the only real "ugly" are those who show it. Anyone, even the butter faces with beer guts can look good in the right clothes. I see more "physically hot" people who are totally ugly because of how they act and how they treat others.