LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

What about the ugly people?

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 1st September 2011, 8:20 PM   #1
Established Member

What about the ugly people?

everyone always talking about dating average or above average people. What about the ugly people?

They make GREAT partners. They have soo much personality its crazy. And you know what. Their people to.
Mangomonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 8:29 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangomonkey View Post
everyone always talking about dating average or above average people. What about the ugly people?

They make GREAT partners. They have soo much personality its crazy. And you know what. Their people to.
How ugly are you?

There is a limit, you know?
Pierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 8:41 PM   #3

Quote:

I don't know about that. Ugly people have real self-esteem issues that make them well..uglier. They don't seem to smile a lot either. I think what bothers me most is the children you can have with ugly people. I definitely don't want ugly kids, meaning I don't want my kids to live life being unaccepted in this world (even though I still love them to death).
Overthirtymale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 9:34 PM   #4
Established Member

Journal Entries: 1
Ugly/Beautiful are such relative terms. I DO NOT like a lot of muscles for example, I like guys with meat, I want to cuddle with something soft, not with a rock. My s/o wishes I had a little more chunk. What's appealing to the eye isn't always appealing to the touch..

I've had guy and girl friends who I thought were absolutely gorgeous and been told they were dogs. I've been called a dog, I've been called beautiful.

Who cares about the people who don't like you bc you don't meet their standards? Why should you?
Old 1st September 2011, 9:42 PM   #5
Established Member

Journal Entries: 39
From what I've read in LS threads and see in pictures posted by members, most of the world that I once considered average would be LS ugly. Billions

The good news is many or most of them have loving intimate and familial relationships and produce 'average' (or LS ugly) children.

Evolution continues.
carhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 9:50 PM   #6
Established Member

The terms "ugly" and beautiful" are relative.

My friends have never found a guy I've dated to be attractive in their eyes and vise versa.
D-Lish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 10:23 PM   #7

It is ugly persons, not "the ugly people". That's like "the blacks" or "the fat people". One at a time. So, ugly is subjective. Some are truly heinous, others, just not attractive in any way. One at a time/
Feelin Frisky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 10:32 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:

I actually see more unattractive people in longer term healthy relationships then nice looking. They are everywhere.
LoveandSuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 11:45 PM   #9
Established Member

Ugly is a verb. Not a noun or adjective.
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:11 AM   #10
Established Member

Ugly people need talent or intelligence to overcome their appearance. Barbra Streisand and Bette Midler spring to mind. I once dated and fell in love with a man whom I'd seen on TV, in newspapers and magazines and before we ever met I thought, What an unattractive guy. We wound up working at the same company and he pursued me. On our first date I thought, There is no way I would ever be attracted. Over time his persistence paid off. He was funny and intelligent and his body, not his face, was "my type." No, it was not Rupert Murdoch! I do have some standards!
Old 2nd September 2011, 12:41 AM   #11
Established Member

Barbra Streisand and Bette Midler were never ugly.
Old 2nd September 2011, 1:32 AM   #12
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveandSuch View Post
I actually see more unattractive people in longer term healthy relationships then nice looking. They are everywhere.

I would not say unattractive as I know many unattractive single people. Then again I don't think Barbara or Bette are ugly. I think they are average. I think average looking people realize when they have a good thing and can compromise and stay in a relationship for it. Really attractive people have their choice of mates. It is usually the above average that I see single the most at they are not hot enough to get the really attractive people they want and often do not want to 'settle' for the average people. Often, these were former really attractive people that have aged and grown a bit less attractive over the years.
Sanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 1:45 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overthirtymale View Post
I don't know about that. Ugly people have real self-esteem issues that make them well..uglier. They don't seem to smile a lot either. I think what bothers me most is the children you can have with ugly people. I definitely don't want ugly kids, meaning I don't want my kids to live life being unaccepted in this world (even though I still love them to death).
I am pretty ugly, and I smile a great deal. Your argument is invalid.
AHardDaysNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 4:00 AM   #14
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanman View Post
I would not say unattractive as I know many unattractive single people. Then again I don't think Barbara or Bette are ugly. I think they are average. I think average looking people realize when they have a good thing and can compromise and stay in a relationship for it. Really attractive people have their choice of mates. It is usually the above average that I see single the most at they are not hot enough to get the really attractive people they want and often do not want to 'settle' for the average people. Often, these were former really attractive people that have aged and grown a bit less attractive over the years.
I see many slightly above average with other above to slightly above average.... they are usually boring couples. My view is there is someone for everyone, it's just by chance that you may meet them.
LoveandSuch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2011, 6:52 AM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
From what I've read in LS threads and see in pictures posted by members, most of the world that I once considered average would be LS ugly. Billions
Ain't that the truth!

Quote:
Barbra Streisand and Bette Midler spring to mind.
Case in point.
rafallus is offline   Reply With Quote