Vacation Fling Or Could It Lead To More?

Country_Girl

Country_Girl

Basically looking for a man's perspective, if you would turn a vacation fling into something more.

Met this guy "C" who has been vacationing in my state the last 2 weeks, he lives in Florida, I'm in Colorado. We met at a bar one day, and exchanged numbers, he's attractive, very social, and just all around polite and personable. We said we'd get in touch in a few days to meet up.

Few days later I texted him to see if he wanted to meet up at a bar by my work, he said yeah and was there within an hour with his 2 friends that he was vacationing with. My guy friend "T" was there also (I've only known him a month) - and he was immediately pissed off. He's never said he had feelings for me, but it became apparent that night, he made it almost impossible to get close to "C". Even "C" texted me when I was in the bathroom to say "So how can I get you away from your chaperon?" We didn't get much alone time. In the morning he texted me that he really wanted to kiss me but he didn't out of respect for my friend. We made plans to go hiking a few days later but I couldn't get the time off work. The next few days any plans we made always collided with my work scedual so we didn't see much of each other. But he would text daily and call.

Finally last Sunday we got together for drinks, held hands, watched a movie at his place, talked, made out, had sex, and snuggled as the sun came up. We slept for a couple hours, then I had to go to work. He was nice enough to drive me the 40 minutes home for a change of clothes and take me another 40 minutes to work. We texted the last few days, but I haven't been able to meet up with him due to being short staffed at work. Because of the hurricane, he let me know tonight would be his last night, we tried making plans but his friend wouldn't let him have the vehicle. I know this was not an excuse, there is some back story there with his friends resentment that I had witnessed.

Anyway, I do feel like "C" is interested. We never talked about a future, but he did talk about moving here on a few occasions. He has a friend that he can room with, but of course he would have to land a job first. He leaves early tomorrow morning, and I'm a little bummed I won't get to see him again. How should I play this, I think he was serious about moving out here. I'm going to text him a few hours into his trip tomorrow to see how the drive is.

But I'd like to know some clues if it was just a fling...if that's the case, what should I expect. Would he just drop off the face of the planet? Would he do the "slow" fade? Any indicators? I know nobody is a mind reader, but perhaps someone who has done the fling vs. potential relationship from a fling, can offer what they have done in the past?

Depends on the guy, the girl and what they both want, as in regular dating. There are plenty of long distance relationships that progress to marriage. You either have a strong connection or you don't.

lppageguitar

Hmm. I can't be in this guys mind but I can say that the connection was definitely there if he drove you 80 minutes the next day. The distance sucks but if he's moving there than pursue it. Can't really assume long distance unless you guys talk about it. Wait to see if he reaches out to you! If you're not into a potential long distance thing I'd move on. All the best!

• Author
Country_Girl

Thanks guys. I've done the long distance thing in the past and I'm not really a fan (feel like I wasted 1.5 years of my life- because that relationship never panned out)- although I would consider it, if it was short term. Say maybe 2-4 months.

Well the good news is, he didn't end up leaving this morning, his friend decided he wanted to stay a few more days. We have plans for tomorrow night, so hopefully I get to see him one last time if anything :-)