What happened to Life is not Fair and not all things Equal.

LoveandSuch

Is this the new locker room talk and male norm. Everything between males and females has to be equal? Is this realistic? Or is it simply the new Man Nag or Boy-bitch?

I have never heard so much heckling by men, that because a woman wishes to be treated like a lady, she has some duty to clean, cook, iron, and take punches for their man, wear the pants in the relationship, and work to boot.

That is probably what was said when women wanted to break out of their roles. You didn't like being pushed into a certain role because of your gender and neither do we.

• Author
That is probably what was said when women wanted to break out of their roles. You didn't like being pushed into a certain role because of your gender and neither do we.

Break out of what role. I love being a woman. I love every aspect of being the fairer sex. I do not wish to be treated like a man, nor do I wish to scratch my balls, and push them back to sit down comfortably. Mutual respect is great, but demanding men and women to be completely even is too radical and feminist for my taste.

Is this the new locker room talk and male norm. Everything between males and females has to be equal? Is this realistic? Or is it simply the new Man Nag or Boy-bitch?

I have never heard so much heckling by men, that because a woman wishes to be treated like a lady, she has some duty to clean, cook, iron, and take punches for their man, wear the pants in the relationship, and work to boot.

I think that the amount of "Boy-bitch" (lol) is equal to the amount of feminists.

So it's not all that bad I'd say ;)

PratyekaYana

It's a natural outgrowth of social frustration. Feminism necessarily uprooted many of the traditional gender roles that had become solidified in society's collective consciousness, and the result of such a radical upheaval has been (and I'm simplifying here for brevity) a kind of confusion in how the sexes should interact with one another. Many men, in the absence of older gender models, have appealed to rationality to try to determine their behavior and that analysis leads logically to enforcing true equality between men and women.

What does being treated like a lady entail? I would imagine that most posters hearing that phrasing can only think of the one-sided special treatment that usually goes under the name chivalry. In light of the feminist movement, though, which in principle if not in practice seeks gender equality, chivalry is no longer an appropriate practice. There is no longer a reason to place women on a pedestal if the same can not be expected of women and their treatment of men. That violates equality.

At the very least (and this speaks more directly to what you mentioned) women must agree to abide by their traditional gender role if they expect men to do the same.

What does being treated like a lady entail?

I think she means being treated with respect. Mutual respect between men and women is important, but with today's hookup culture, it seems like many men have lost respect for women and just treat them like sex objects. They don't even want to date women anymore, they just want to have sex with them and be done with it.

In terms of dating and relationships, it seems like men don't want equality, they want women to do all the work. They've gotten lazy. Dating should be 50/50, but a lot of guys won't even do the bare minimum.

Women want the hookup culture just as much as men do. They scream from the rooftops about their right to enjoy casual sex so why blame men?

• Author
It's a natural outgrowth of social frustration. Feminism necessarily uprooted many of the traditional gender roles that had become solidified in society's collective consciousness, and the result of such a radical upheaval has been (and I'm simplifying here for brevity) a kind of confusion in how the sexes should interact with one another. Many men, in the absence of older gender models, have appealed to rationality to try to determine their behavior and that analysis leads logically to enforcing true equality between men and women.

What does being treated like a lady entail? I would imagine that most posters hearing that phrasing can only think of the one-sided special treatment that usually goes under the name chivalry. In light of the feminist movement, though, which in principle if not in practice seeks gender equality, chivalry is no longer an appropriate practice. There is no longer a reason to place women on a pedestal if the same can not be expected of women and their treatment of men. That violates equality.

At the very least (and this speaks more directly to what you mentioned) women must agree to abide by their traditional gender role if they expect men to do the same.

I guess if it is to be all equal, then the same new age boy-bitches, should wish their women not get their hair colored, cut, nor fixed, just an equal buzz cut, or both could just grow a jesus do ala natural, no make-up (unless the boy-bitches wish to do this as well, I am sure an inner wish as well). All labor is equal, right? Men do no need to be carrying anything for the new feminist for she is a strong liberated new age woman. She needs to carry her own bags, change her own flat..wrestle a roamimg bear..fair is fair, equal is equal, right?

• Author
I think that the amount of "Boy-bitch" (lol) is equal to the amount of feminists.

So it's not all that bad I'd say ;)

Ha ha! Whiney little bitches, these men. Geez.

PratyekaYana
I think she means being treated with respect. Mutual respect between men and women is important, but with today's hookup culture, it seems like many men have lost respect for women and just treat them like sex objects. They don't even want to date women anymore, they just want to have sex with them and be done with it.

I would argue that the same is true of women. The loss of respect that you describe is a consequence of the culture of irreverence that seems to have cropped up in recent generations. Hookup culture, stemming directly from the culture of irreverence, despises the notion that a member of the opposite sex can be considered an infinitely complex person with thoughts, feelings, and other humanizing traits; it reduces them to tangibles in the form of financial resources or sexual organs. That is why you see courtship/dating being eschewed in favor of more immediate gratification.

In terms of dating and relationships, it seems like men don't want equality, they want women to do all the work. They've gotten lazy. Dating should be 50/50, but a lot of guys won't even do the bare minimum.

You can find this same sentiment all over LS applied to women.

Women want the hookup culture just as much as men do. They scream from the rooftops about their right to enjoy casual sex so why blame men?

Because men seem to expect it from all women. There may be a small minority of women who enjoy casual sex, but the vast majority of women do not want to be used for sex. Biologically, women are wired to become emotionally attached to their sexual partners. Men are not.

A lot of women engage in casual sex, not because they really want to, but because they're trying to be equal to men. They think, "If men can enjoy casual sex, why can't women?" So they do it and then they develop feelings for the guy, even though they tried not to. Generally, women do not want the hookup culture nearly as much as men do. They're just caving under the pressure.

PratyekaYana
I guess if it is to be all equal, then the same new age boy-bitches, should wish their women not get their hair colored, cut, nor fixed, just an equal buzz cut, or both could just grow a jesus do ala natural, no make-up (unless the boy-bitches wish to do this as well, I am sure an inner wish as well). All labor is equal, right? Men do no need to be carrying anything for the new feminist for she is a strong liberated new age woman. She needs to carry her own bags, change her own flat..wrestle a roamimg bear..fair is fair, equal is equal, right?

What is the alternative? Is it better for men to embrace the more traditional roles that you've somewhat outlined in your post without reciprocal behavior in women?

Because men seem to expect it from all women. There may be a small minority of women who enjoy casual sex, but the vast majority of women do not want to be used for sex. Biologically, women are wired to become emotionally attached to their sexual partners. Men are not.

A lot of women engage in casual sex, not because they really want to, but because they're trying to be equal to men. They think, "If men can enjoy casual sex, why can't women?" So they do it and then they develop feelings for the guy, even though they tried not to. Generally, women do not want the hookup culture nearly as much as men do. They're just caving under the pressure.

If this is the case then why do you have young women leaving faithful gentlemen who treat them with respect in droves to go and play around with different guys? Women are being presented with an option of being with a respectful gentlemen and are soundly rejecting to be a sex toy for bad boys. Just look at all the men on here who had a woman catch GIGS.

If they hate it so much why are they choosing it in droves?

If this is the case then why do you have young women leaving faithful gentlemen who treat them with respect in droves to go and play around with different guys? Women are being presented with an option of being with a respectful gentlemen and are soundly rejecting to be a sex toy for bad boys. Just look at all the men on here who had a woman catch GIGS.

If they hate it so much why are they choosing it in droves?

They're not choosing it in droves. The posters on LS are not representative of the population as a whole. This sample size is way too small and biased to accurately reflect the larger culture.

They're not choosing it in droves. The posters on LS are not representative of the population as a whole. This sample size is way too small and biased to accurately reflect the larger culture.

They are very much choosing it in droves. Go to any board dealing with relationships from a male point of view and you see the same thing over and over again. Women like casual sex as as men and some ways even more nowadays.

Many would rather be one of many sex toys for a bad boy than be a decent man's queen.

Negative Nancy
A lot of women engage in casual sex, not because they really want to, but because they're trying to be equal to men. They think, "If men can enjoy casual sex, why can't women?"

no, women do it cos they think it's the way to hook the man, to lure him into a relationship. also cos it's expected nowadays to "put out" after a certain amount of "dating" or else they'll be called a prude or a bitch, plus, the man might move on and get it somewhere else. sad state of affairs nowadays, i'm telling ya. i know this cos i confused sex with love too alot, but luckily, for me it's been working out and i always got in relationships with men even if i slept with them on the first day. that leads me to the conclusion that "if man wants you there's nothing you can do to keep him away, if he doesn't, there's nothing you can do to make him stay."

anyway, it's kinda ironic that the women movement that was supposed to help women kinda backlashed in that area. cos now men can literally "have the cow for free" without having to commit to us anymore. so women's "freedom" in regards to dating and sex only really benefits the men, since most women still want a relationship - or at least, like you said, develop an emotional attachment when hooking up.

Ha ha! Whiney little bitches, these men. Geez.

Hah! lol!

That day you went into the mens forum (that PUA or something) really did change the way you perceive men, didn't it?

Woggle, that's simply not true. I'm not going to go back and forth with you on this, but most people (men and women) do not post about their love life on message boards, so you can't draw your conclusions from that. The fact is, most women do not separate sex and emotion. The biology and hormonal makeup of the female body do not allow it. Men, on the other hand, can easily separate sex and emotion. The hookup culture is driven by men. Most women do not want it.

Negative Nancy

not only that, but when it comes down to practical living-together and family matters, many men like the fact that women provide a second income but at the same time still expect her to take full care of the household (cook, clean etc.) and the kids too. so the woman has 2 or 3 different roles. we are still FAR FAR away from TRUE equality.

It's not just on message boards. Go to any nightclub and it is usually a few guys who can have their pick of women to treat as sex toys and the women keep coming back for more. You have a showed called SATC which was dedicated to women having sex like men. Stop acting like this is something that men forced upon women when women chose this themselves. If women wants a relationship with a gentlemen most of them can have one.

• Author

It is really all over the place, men cannot expect to be entitled to a slut and a feminist rolled up in one. You want feminists, then you need to start enjoying the bossy, hard core, bull dykes to come your way. Come on. Who are the entitled ones? Men still want the women to be feminine, but women are to pay for their meals, listen to their man-whiney spills all day without banging their heads into the nearest wall, and have sex with them on demand. And women wish to be treated equally as men, but do not wish to carry their own bags, fill their own gas tank because they are too weak. It is all hogwash. This is woman's lib?

not only that, but when it comes down to practical living-together and family matters, many men like the fact that women provide a second income but at the same time still expect her to take full care of the household (cook, clean etc.) and the kids too. so the woman has 2 or 3 different roles. we are still FAR FAR away from TRUE equality.

Seriously. If both people work full-time, then both people should do an equal share of the household chores. I don't understand the expectation that it's the woman's job to cook and clean, even if she works as much as the man.

• Author

Exactly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xoxoDaniellexoxo

Thank god my parents are pretty good about this!! Growing up my dad worked and my mom was a teacher before I was born and still is!! I think my dad was worse about cleaning!! His modo in life was "when in doubt chuck it out" I had TERM PAPERS been thrown out!! My mom or I cooked cause my dad burns water!! lol!! I think I had a good example growing up and my brother was put in place when he said something demeaning to women because me and my mom didn't put up with it. My parents always told me growing up "Life isn't Fair" I think that made me rethink a lot of things in life.

• Author
Thank god my parents are pretty good about this!! Growing up my dad worked and my mom was a teacher before I was born and still is!! I think my dad was worse about cleaning!! His modo in life was "when in doubt chuck it out" I had TERM PAPERS been thrown out!! My mom or I cooked cause my dad burns water!! lol!! I think I had a good example growing up and my brother was put in place when he said something demeaning to women because me and my mom didn't put up with it. My parents always told me growing up "Life isn't Fair" I think that made me rethink a lot of things in life.

It makes you wish an old age gent would come around the new age men, and say," Man up, stop being such a whiney boy-bitch, son.":laugh: