My boyfriend is a workaholic

Girlie

Does anyone else have this problem? I adore the heck out of this man and we're very close, but he works 6 days a week, and usually from early morning till late at night. I know he has to put lots of hours into his business, and I am proud of what he does. But I feel like I'm dating a married man...only he's not married to a woman, he's married to his job. I'm proud of him for being so ambitious and hard working. Those are good qualities. But I would like to approach the subject of his possibility putting aside a bit more time for me. I don't expect us to spend every waking moment together. But I'd like a bit more intimate time where he turns the stupid cell phone off and concentrates on us. How do I approach the subject without coming accross as whiny or nagging? And how much time is it reasonable for me to expect from him? I don't want to have unreasonable expectations. I would just like a bit more balance, if possible. Or should I just deal? I don't know.

That's a tough situation. I would suggest discussing it with him. If you don't talk about it now, it might become a huge problem 10 years down the line when you are married w/ kids. You may feel neglected and trapped at that point. Communicate if at all possible about your feelings... just don't expect too much.