My boyfriend is a Sweetie. Just thought I'd share.

mintjulep

My boyfriend was in town this weekend, and after we went to a formal dinner with my living group, we decided to stop by his old fraternity to see how their party was going on. I tried to get into some pants that I had just washed and they were really tight around the thighs. I nearly started crying and told him that I didn't know what to do, that I didn't want to go to the party feeling like a sausage, etc. I'm conscious about my diet/weight, and so is he, but we started dating when I was 15 pounds heavier than I am now (freshman 15, lol), and he says I am as beautiful now as I was then - he doesn't care about the extra weight I had put on my freshman year, and that while he loves that I feel better about myself now that I'm much closer to my high school weight, he doesn't think I'm any sexier than I was before, because it wasn't possible for me to be sexier. He sat me on his lap, told me I was "his princess" and that he loved me no matter what, and that my thighs were beautiful. I put on a skirt (let's face it ladies, when you're feeling the "once a month" pudge, you try to make yourself feel sexier by hiding it, no matter what your amazing boyfriend says), and went to that party the happiest girl alive. I just wanted to let you all know that nice guys are out there, since some of these posts seemed kind of negative tonight, and I wanted to lift spirits. I don't expect any replies, just wanted to share a nice story with you.

Alot of men would not have that much self confidence to express themselves so openly, and gracefully.

:) Remember this when he gets himself in trouble in the future. Consider it a "get out of jail free card"

that boy is going to ace Husband School when the time comes!

you're a lucky girl, and thanks for sharing that with us.

Yes, you see girls, stories like this really must give you faith that there really are still gentlemen out there. That is the kind of guy I am, but there is one flaw in me, I'm just so darn shy! I'm a comic (not a jerk though) when it comes to my friends, but when It comes to girls I really like, I choke and can barely say hi. Especially if I think they like me back. Someone suggested me to ask a simple question to the girl I like, like about a class assignment. I thought I would, but when I sat in my seat, and saw her, her beauty just stikes me silent. I don't really know what to do.

I hope my case is one that can be cured..

Hey Otach -

Girls are not goddesses, they are just people, kind of like fellas are. A little different perhaps. They're human beings too, and they love to socialize and be friendly with nice people. The nice ones - which are the majority - will be kind and courteous to you just as you are to them.

How about trying some meds that deal with social anxiety? It's amazing how well they work! Or do some self help work where you read books and follow assignments like "easy ways to talk to a girl". Chances are some of them would be thrilled with your attention, but neither of you knows that yet...