Staying sain while he is gone for three weeks?!??!

bunners101

I just wanted someone to help me with a few issues/questions i have. My boyfirend and i have been going out for 10 months (today) and we have a very strong relationship and love each other to death...a few things to keep in mind-he is leaving for college next year, and since i am a year younger, i'll be "left behind"...also, he travels an awful lot i.e.- he is leaving on Wednesday for Georgia for four days, and leaving the day after christmas for 3 weeks...it's stressful for both of us, but it's beyond our control...another issue is, i have the "tendancy" to always be with him, and i get very upset when i find out he has to leave...i think it will be better when he is in college because it is "the every weekend when he leaves" thing that bothers me, but how do i get through these times when he is away? Sure i hang out with my friends, which is a good distraction to keep me from going insane from thinking about him, but i still think of him all the time...another issue is his three week trip to Australia...we can't talk online or the phone...last year around this time he went to Peru for school, and i didn't get to talk to him for a week and a half, but this is three weeks, and we weren't as serious then, so it wasn't too big of a deal...and i know i won't be worried about what is going on in Australia, but i know he will be losing his mind, wondering how i am, what i am doing, and if i am ok....he gets really nervous when i go out of town, because he doesn't want anything bad to happen to me....and no no NO, i would never in a million years cheat on him, and i don't drink or smoke, so i don't get myself in situations that i can't get myself out of, so i am smart about where i think i should be and where i think i shouldn't be....and i don't like him to worry, but does anyone have any suggestions to somehow talk to each other while he is gone, or how we both can get through this without losing our minds?????

Ninja Extrordinaire

If you relationship is as strong as you say it is, then things will work out. It still will take work though, your both going to need reassurance that your still nuts for eachother.

There are internet cafes I believe almost everywhere nowadays, so there is a good chance you'll at least be able to keep in touch via email (or at very worst snail mail).

Consider it a test of how strong your bonds are.

You'll do fine, It's goin to suck for the first week but, time has a way of going really fast.

Wish ya the best of luck.

Ninja

Funnily enough I was in a similar situation two summers ago. My boyfriend and I had lived in the same building during the semester and had been dating for six months when I had to go home for the summer, and he was going to be working in another city, 2000 miles away. We were facing two and a half months away from each other, but the funny thing is, I was okay with it, and he was sad to pieces. He said he was going to miss me so much, and our goodbye at the cab was so sad for him. I was the strong one, and said that it would be fine because we would see each other in two months. Then, when he graduated and started working in another city (500 miles away from where we went to school), I was left behind. This time, I was sobbing, because I was going to miss him. What's weird is what you've already noticed: that being apart indefinitely because of school is so much "easier" than being apart for two and a half months was. We got through it by talking to each other every day, but if that isn't a possibility, what I used to do with my boyfriends in high school when they went away for two or three weeks was keep in touch through letters and post cards. It really does put a smile on your face to get post from someone you love. Hope this helps!

ThisGirlNameKD

Writing letters would be a great way to keep in touch. But if I understand you correctly, he's going to be gone for 3 weeks? If you are truly secure about your relationship, why do you fear not talking to him for 3 weeks?

Originally posted by ThisGirlNameKD

Writing letters would be a great way to keep in touch. But if I understand you correctly, he's going to be gone for 3 weeks? If you are truly secure about your relationship, why do you fear not talking to him for 3 weeks?

This is very true, it didn't occur to me to point this out, though I thought about it. I tried using my "been there" story to help you out, though, because the way I see it, if two and a half months was "nothing" three weeks should be a breeze :D . If you definitely are secure in this relationship, you should be secure about being away for three weeks. After all, what with the letter writing, being with friends, and hanging out with the coolest person you should know - yourself, you should be pretty tied up for three weeks.