Third wheel driving me crazy! how do i tell him no?

missindependent01

missindependent01

:confused: I have a mayjor problem.

Heres whats going on. Me and my boyfriend Chris have been happy for quite some time now. And now, all of a sudden Chris's best friend Kenny is trying to break me and Chris up. He goes back and forth between me and Chris asking questions like *when are you going to dump eachother * and *are you sure that he isnt interested in another girl* and he tries to get us mad at eachother. And it works. Well the first couple times at least. Now i don't believe anything he says, but he is still at it. If he finds out i am on the phone with Chris, he will call Chris's other line and start on a conversation. And vice versa. And if he finds out me and Chris with eachother, whether it a date, or just hanging out together, he will showup and say stuff like *I didn't know you were going here?* It is really getting on my nerves, and Chris's nerves too. What should we do? We don't want to upset him, but we certinly don't want him tagging along for EVERYTHING!

And to make it even worse, I know he is interested in me. He calls me all the time, and asks me to do something with him on weekends. He just doesn't get it. And i dont know what to do! please help me!

Sounds to me like his friend Kenny is really jealous of your relationship w/Chris

and trying to do what he can to screw it up!! let me guess kenny is single and has never dated anyone before??

I think the best way is for this is to get chris to tell him face to face that your relationship with chris is none of his business and he should go find something else better to do with his time....yea it sucks beaing mean to someone....but by now if they dont know when to butt OUT u just gotta stick it to their face :p

• Author
missindependent01

:eek: Ok now i have an even bigger problem. Chris told Kenny everything you suggested, and Kenny got really offencive over it. He won't talk to either of us, and Chris is sort of afraid of losing a Best friend. I can't let him be mad at me, but i can't have him going on ruining my realationship like this.. what am i supposed to do now?

He was never like this when he had a girlfriend. Maybe he just doesn't feel like being left out. How am i supposed to help this. I mean, me and Chris went to a movie, and set Kenny up with a girl named Katelyn, but ignored her the whole time. ahhhhh.. i am so confused!

yea it sounds to me like kenny is feeling left out cause your taking away chris's time to hang out w/his bud.

In this situation, i wouldnt really know how to resolve it cause ive never dealt with it.

and since my first suggestion made kenny pissed....you should NOT take my next suggestion too seriously as im not sure what effect it will have on their friendship

If i was chris, i would let some time pass for kenny to cool off...then whenever chris is free, he should go ask kenny to chill w/him, sorry but you're outta the picture during this time...if kenny says sure, then everythings a-ok. if not then let kenny cont' to be like a whiny little kid who lost his favorite toy.

i dont think chris should apologize, i mean he said what had to be said, there was no wrong in that doing. kenny may feel like you are the reason of their insecure friendship, but someone should tell him to rest assured that even tho chris is going out w/u chris is still going to be his buddy either way and nothing's gonna change (even tho he spends less time w/him) but still...everyone's gotta learn to grow up sometime.

Why is Chris so concerned about Kenny's feelings when it's obviously not reciprocated?! Kenny sounds like a major twit anyway so Chris should find another best friend! :rolleyes: