Boyfriend does not acknowledge my birthday

conehead

If my new bf of 2 months gave me a gift and celebrated the weekend before my bday, but he forgets to even acknowledge my actual bday (falls on a weekday), how bad is that? Should I even mention it?

I know if he completely forgot and no gift I'd have the right to be pissed, but this is a weird scenario lol. For the record, he does know the actual day of my bday since he asked a week ago.

Bullet Proof

It wouldn't bother me much at all, but I'm not a big 'birthday' person. He did celebrate and get you a gift, it really depends on your relationship at this point. Did he hang out with you on your 'real' b-day and not say 'happy birthday?' or did you guys just not see each other. Either way I probably wouldn't care, still.

As a guy, it happens. I'm assuming you guys didn't see each other and he was working or somehting. We forget these things at times. That is why sitcoms always have a 'damn, I forgot my wife/gf's birthday or anniversary' episode. If he just forgot and apologizes, let the guy be.

I never forget the birthdays of my GFs.. but that might be just me. Love is more than just remembering a birthday. But yes, you should definitely mention it the next time you talk to him ;)

I don't forget a b-day either. The problem for me is that I am so busy sometimes, I forget what day it is. You can ask me a gf's birthday and I will tell you without batting an eye, I just won't figure out that also happens to be today's date! :D

• Author
It wouldn't bother me much at all, but I'm not a big 'birthday' person. He did celebrate and get you a gift, it really depends on your relationship at this point. Did he hang out with you on your 'real' b-day and not say 'happy birthday?' or did you guys just not see each other. Either way I probably wouldn't care, still.

Nope we did not see each other at all on my actual bday. I don't expect to see each other since its a weekday, but I did expect at least an acknowledgement of some sort. All my friends n family acknowledged it (via email or fb)...except my bf :(

Eddie Edirol
Nope we did not see each other at all on my actual bday. I don't expect to see each other since its a weekday, but I did expect at least an acknowledgement of some sort. All my friends n family acknowledged it (via email or fb)...except my bf :(

Tell him that you appreciate an acknowledgement of your birthday on your actual birthday, and that it means more coming from him that anyone else. See what he says.

But he probably is in the mindset of "well we already celebrated it last week, is this really necessary??"

He might not be big on birthdays himself. You cant make someone who isnt big on birthdays to WANT to make a big deal about your birthday twice.

I think you have issues if you let that bother you. He's your bf of merely 2 months and already celebrated with you prior (and got you a gift).

Be happy he celebrated it, complete with gift the weekend before your birthday. I wouldn't make a big deal out of not contacting you on the exact day. He acknowledged your birthday with celebration and gift. Good enough. Sure, it would have been nice to get a phone call, at least, on the actual day. Maybe you could say you wish he would have called on your birthday, just to let him know for next time. ;) But not a deal breaker this time around IMO.

Enchanted Girl

It's okay to mention it nicely, but don't be pissy about it. Be calm and rational and say that you'd appreciate it if he didn't do this in the future. There's times to be angry and this is not one of them, but pretending it didn't happen when it bothers you is not the right solution either.