Not Friends w/ Husband on FB?

supdawg1985

supdawg1985

So I just added one of my HS crushes on Facebook. It's been a long time since then, and I'm not going to make a move or anything for a number of reasons.

From what I know though, she got married like 5 years ago, and she even changed her last name. What I find odd is that she isn't friends with her husband on Facebook.

I know FB is a pretty superficial part of life, it doesn't mean a whole lot, but it just made me wonder. Why do you think that is? Just curious.

OriginalPenguin

Could be any number of reasons. Maybe he is not computer savy, doesnt care about FB or think's it is Evil Incarnate. There have been times when the latter has occurred to me....

Have you ever thought of just asking your friend about it?

• Author
supdawg1985

No, he's on there. Seems a little odd.

None of my business really, but it made me wonder. I don't plan to do anything whatever it means.

my mum and dad arent friends on facey. they both have that they are married though.

I don't know why, never even cared to ask, i only assume because he lives with her and sees her every morning and every evening and has dinner with her every night, that he doesn't need to also check her facebook during the day haha. so has never actually gone onto it to friend her.

Or....

it could be a trap. It might actually be the husband on facebook trying to see who is in love with his wife

• Author
supdawg1985

Okay....

Now I'm really curious. I saw a recent picture of her, and she wasn't wearing a ring on either hand. Do girls ever take off their wedding rings?

Wonder what's up...

I wear my wedding ring, always. But many people don't. Some never had rings to begin with, for whatever reason--they work with their hands, or they have metal allergies, or just hate jewelry, etc.

I know a few married people who are not friends with their spouses on FB, even though their spouses do have accounts. One good friend of mine does that, she has only her girlfriends and she can say whatever she wants or post whichever pics she likes, she gets really personal and political and curses a blue streak and just is herself. I used to have similar freedoms, before all my in-laws and 11-year-old nieces and prim elderly coworkers friended me. I know, I know, you can group people and post some things privately--but honestly, I'm too lazy to make the effort so I just censor myself instead and make nice en masse. My friend went a different way and keeps the rank and file of her friend list ruthlessly pruned. Even her husband doesn't make the cut, she says because she talks to him every day in real life and she wants her girl talk to be separate and private. He doesn't care, so it's not an issue.

• Author
supdawg1985

So what would your hunch be, given what I described?

It's something I want to consider at some point. I just don't think it's appropriate at all to mess with a marriage, so if I do contact her at some point (I know I said I wouldn't, but who knows...), I want to make sure she's not involved anymore.

What is her relationship status set to?

The only FB indicator I would consider somewhat reliable would be if her status went from Married to Single...and even then, it might just indicate that she's a drama queen and they had a fight.

The bottom line is, if you really want to know, you're going to have to ask.

• Author
supdawg1985

She doesn't have a status, or it's hidden at least. I know this much, she still has her married last name.

• 3 months later...