LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

Haven't heard from boyfriend in three days

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

Old 6th July 2011, 7:01 PM   #1
Established Member

Haven't heard from boyfriend in three days

My boyfriend and I came home from a camping trip three days ago. As far as I know, everything went great. We didn't fight at all, and we had some really sweet moments together. He even thanked me for accompanying him to do a few things that he thought would bore me without complaining. The problem is, I haven't heard from him since he dropped me off at my place. No texts, calls, or emails. I don't know if it's just because he's been busy at work, or just exhausted, or not feeling well 'cause of his bad sunburn, or if he's mad at me 'cause of some reason I don't know about. What should I make of this? What should I do?
gothowitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2011, 7:06 PM   #2
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gothowitz View Post
What should I make of this? What should I do?
I'm guessing that he's just unwinding and having some 'me time' after an intense camping trip. Have you called him? Or is he posting on some other forum something like "it's been 3 days and she hasn't called. What's up with that?"
oaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2011, 9:16 AM   #3
Established Member

We've been together a little over five months now. It's just weird 'cause he's never done this before. I texted him last night but he has yet to reply.
Old 7th July 2011, 9:38 AM   #4

Quote:
My boyfriend and I came home from a camping trip three days ago. As far as I know, everything went great. We didn't fight at all, and we had some really sweet moments together. He even thanked me for accompanying him to do a few things that he thought would bore me without complaining. The problem is, I haven't heard from him since he dropped me off at my place. No texts, calls, or emails. I don't know if it's just because he's been busy at work, or just exhausted, or not feeling well 'cause of his bad sunburn, or if he's mad at me 'cause of some reason I don't know about. What should I make of this? What should I do?

You should first check and see if he's alive.
Bionic Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2011, 7:41 PM   #5
Established Member

I checked an he is alive haha! He texted me back yesterday morning to say that he'd been studying and that he's been nursing his sunburn. I told him I was glad to know he was ok and that I'd missed him. Haven't heard from him again since.
Old 8th July 2011, 7:44 PM   #6
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRussian8080 View Post
STOP texting and CALL HIM!
I would've called if I'd gotten a little bit of an encouragement from his reply, any indication that he wanted to talk to me. But it feels like he doesn't want me around right now, and I think I should give him space.
Old 8th July 2011, 10:24 PM   #7

Quote:
I would've called if I'd gotten a little bit of an encouragement from his reply, any indication that he wanted to talk to me. But it feels like he doesn't want me around right now, and I think I should give him space.
Lol. You are overanalyzing this. I am sure he wants to talk to you. Just call him.
TheCoolest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 4:12 PM   #8
Established Member

Thanks for the advice guys. I guess I'm just afraid that he'll think I'm being too needy or clingy for intruding on his "me-time" especially after having spent four days straight with him last week. It just weirds me out that he can actually stand not talking to me for this long a time, not even wondering whether I'm still breathing or not. We've been together a little over five months, and he usually texts me everyday, even when he's at work, but this past week, nada, save for that one reply. I'm also scared that maybe he had a realization about our relationship while we were away together that's making him pull away from me. We spend quite a lot of time together, but it was our first time being together 24 hours a day for a number of days. He and his last girlfriend broke up about a month after they went away together, but that was triggered by a very negative experience during their trip. Like I said, he seemed to have as much fun as I did when we were together, but I can't help but be apprehensive that it's happening again, only to me this time.
Old 9th July 2011, 4:31 PM   #9
Established Member

This is odd behavior and I don't buy that after 5 months in a relationship, someone is too busy to at least send a quick text "Hey baby, miss you, really busy doing xyz, will call later" or something like that. If you were the type of couple that didn't do much calling/texting, I'd understand, but such a drastic change in contact...I dunno.
SnowandStars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 4:39 PM   #10
Established Member

I tried calling him just now but I keep going straight to voice mail. I don't know what to do anymore...
Old 9th July 2011, 8:24 PM   #11
Established Member

i hate to be a downer here, i really do, but i don't like the feel of this! please prepare yourself mentally just in case.
Forever Learning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 8:51 PM   #12

I'm sorry but this is NOT normal! I agree that you need to start preparing yourself mentally for what might be coming. I don't see how he can go days without wondering how you're doing and the fact that he's putting you through that is so messed up. I'd be freaking out wondering if something happened to him! I mean if what he wants is some space after y'alls trip then he should have told you!
lacoqueta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2011, 9:29 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
our first time being together 24 hours a day for a number of days. He and his last girlfriend broke up about a month after they went away together, but that was triggered by a very negative experience during their trip. Like I said, he seemed to have as much fun as I did when we were together, but I can't help but be apprehensive that it's happening again, only to me this time.

First of all, sorry to hear. I feel your pain and wish you the best (whether that's him and you staying together or breaking up... the best will happen for you and him just trust that it will)

Secondly, this is why they say vacations change people. You don't "really know someone" until you spend some vacation time with them, for better or worse.

take care of yourself.
Teknoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2011, 8:18 AM   #14
Established Member

I think this is relationship is over. It doesn't matter that he was sweet to me even just minutes before he dropped me off my house the last time I saw him. I'm not getting what I want from this relationship anymore and I have to start thinking of myself for once.
Old 10th July 2011, 10:30 AM   #15
Established Member

Wow, that is so messed up! So I guess that is 5 months just gone. Looking back, were there signs that you overlooked?
SnowandStars is offline   Reply With Quote