Weird dreams of a guy who is not my boyfriend...what does it mean?

innocent

Okay when I was in high school i had this HUGE crush on this guy like for 3 years long.

He was a good friend at first and then he told me he liked me, I really never even looked at him like that so I told him I just wanted to be friends and then when I started liking him, once I told him and he shot me down and said it wasn't a good idea. he went out with someone else,

and then sophmore year, we started hanging out all of the time, and we would party together and we ended up messing around a few times and I really liked him but I never got up enough guts to tell him, all of his friends told me that he really liked me and I told them, that I really liked him, but he never asked me out and that hurt.

Then junior year we really started drifting apart, all kinds of girls that never liked him before started to try to hang around him, and I rreally was jealous... I went out with someone else and we drifted even further apart.

Then I met my boyfriend now who I love sooo much he is so wonderful and I have been dating him for nearly 2 years, and I want to marry him, he is so perfect,

but the problem is that I keep on having dreams about this guy I had a crush on for so long, maybe I keep on torturing myself because we never went out, but I certainly would never leave my boyfriend for this crush guy, because he is so stupid, a complete idiot, but still hot.

Sounds like you might be subconsciously having "cold feet" about the prospect of getting married. Maybe you DO love this guy and he is perfect for you.....but you aren't quite ready for a final commitment.

I don't know much about interpreting dreams though. Maybe you could go to one of those dream sites....and get more in detail to see if the dreams have additional meaning.

argh! those bloody "he was so hot and I was so into him" dreams about former classmates will screw up your mind if you pay them any more attention than needed. Mine have haunted me for about 25 years, and I STILL can't figure out why, because as far as I'm concerned, I'm married to the person I'm meant to be with for the rest of my life. My husband can drive me nuts at times (and vice versa, :laugh: ), but he's mine-all-mine until the day we die ...

the only thing I can figure is that subconsciously, our little pea-brains are telling us that we're "missing out" on something, that this former classmate has something that we "need," even though we're quite happy with the men we have right now.

a friend made the comment that maybe subconsciously, I've put said guy's face right next to my definition of the "ideal" man, which is why he pops up in dreams looking so appealing. She pointed out that no matter how wonderful I thought he could be, he would never, ever measure up to my ideal of him, much less measure up to all the stuff I like about my husband. And I think she's right. This dream version just doesn't exist, so I don't put much stock into seeing him in those dreams anymore. Surprisingly enough, I don't dream about him as often.

so as hot as this man is, remind yourself that he will never measure up to whatever ideal you have of him ... and he will never measure up to your man.

quank

Dreams are thoughts that are in the back of your brain. So what ever you dreamed of with him you, thought of at one point. So theres nothing to worry about, you love your boyfriend. But of course you met him after you met your friend so the thoughts have just been lingering back there.:)