Interesting situation with an old friend and possibly mutual interest now?

ConfusedGuy28

ConfusedGuy28

So tomorrow I'm picking up a girl friend (we'll call her Tiffany) of mine that I haven't seen in a couple of years. We've kept in touch via facebook and what not throughout.

About a month or so ago, my ex (of 9 years) got pissed at me over this girl for some reason. We were all friends at one point, but she started to seem very jealous. Kept hinting that this girl was interested in me "like that" now and kept saying "I don't want to talk about it; i shouldn't have to spell this out for you. You two should talk"

I was talking to another friend (we'll call her Alice) of mine today, and she said "CG28, truly the way she has talked to you about me makes me think that she has a lot of feelings for you"

The only catch is (and its a big one) - her religion and family (more so family) want her staying within the same religion.

Alice also said "even if she really liked you, she probably wouldn't be able to say it to you because of her religion/family issues"

----

When me and Tiffany talk - it feels a lot like old times, like we're just picking up where we left off. She's been saying a lot things to me lately like "CG28, you're so nice to me. very few men treat me this good, so thank you." Then she'll also throw in "ok thanks bro, luv ya" (which is how she used to talk to me back in the day)

So I don't know. She's obviously talked to my ex and to Alice about me. They both picked up a vibe that Tiffany had developed feelings for me.

I don't feel I can be the one to initiate anything. I respect her beliefs and our friendship. I also understand the "don't get involved if religion is in the way" thing.

So it's confusing. I've always had a soft spot for Tiffany, but it was always the furthest thing from my mind considering everything.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated. And thanks in advance, this place has proven to be very helpful and considerate in the past :)

• Author
ConfusedGuy28

I also apologize if my posts are lengthy. I type on an 18.4" laptop in 1080p, so it always looks relatively OK to me, lol.

Edit: She's always called me said things like "thanks bro" "love ya bro" etc. Alice pointed out that since she isn't really able to say how she feels (if she does, alice thinks so) that she'll keep saying "bro" so it's like things didn't change, etc.

Edited by ConfusedGuy28

you know the answer, man, religion is a crutch for most people. think of all of the things women dream up to convince themselves to ditch men for no apparent good reason. religion is the creme de la creme of bad excuses, and you won't likely convince her to leave her religion. any time she's the slightest bit unhappy she can convince herself that god is more important than you are so she is being somehow noble by tossing you aside.

• Author
ConfusedGuy28

Update: even more confused now!

This girl caresses my arms, puts her arms around me from behind, calls me hon, sweetheart, wants to go on vacations with me, etc.

BUT she'll talk about how this guy she knows is cute, etc.

THEN talk about how she needs a man who is nice, respectful, patient, etc. Tells me her one LTR bf was like that, and I'm the only other man she's ever known like that. Then she'll look in my eyes and say "you know, i'm confident we'll both find somebody that is right for us"

Honestly - I've known this girl for over 4 years. She is absolutely someone who I'd be incredibly interested in. But the whole religion thing makes it a no-go basically. Which seriously blows.

I know there are "other fish in the see" and "i'll find someone soon enough" - I'm not stressed about that, I know that.

Ughhh