3 months after breakup, Im ready to date again, HOW?!

MrMephistophles

MrMephistophles

Well, my breakup has finally about reached its 3rd month and I am ready to start dating again. My question is how?! I have met all of my dates through simple geography, neighbors in dorm hall, class mates ect. Now I have no freakin clue about the single scene. Should I just walk into a bar bymyself and try to chit chat? I really dont have any inclination to drag my friends into my dating adventures, what the heck should I do I am clueless. Not bad looking so Im told, but I am a bit of a conservative shy guy at times.

Girlinterrupted

I'm going through the same thing. My friends are all involved and settled down so meeting new people through them is not an option, not into getting my co-workers involved as one once suggested so I'm kinda left out in the blue. Don't know where to begin, I'm young (24) and attractive yet I meet no one.

Ugh.

Add me to this crappy boat.

I graduated college, which was the best way to meet other women, and most of my friends got married or moved away, so I kinda got nothing to work with.

Clubs, people! Surely you have interests, be it sports or politics or culture or hobbies or any one of a zillion other things. There's a club for everything. Or classes - go learn something new. Or volunteer. People gather lots of places other than bars.

Yeah- Im in this boat for sure. I think I am a good looking guy but Im not very good with the talking thing. I get real nervous around anyone Im interested in and these situations don't seem to present themselves much for me. I graduated the college thing and all my friends have kids and such, Im 28. If I do go to the bar I just don't fit in right, can't seem to find the spot where Im supposed to be. This is not a good situation. It never seems the right time to just go up and start talking to someone.

When I do meet someone I swim around in the shallow water with them for years just saying hi and taking in the smile. Then they will start dateing someone I know and I will later here, "she used to have a crush on you"

I suck!