What is going through a guy's mind when he stares and smiles?

Waitress

Okay, so I know it means he's attracted but I have this guy friend and sometimes he will just sorta stop what he's doing, stare at me and smile.

I will usually smile back but I am so curious what is going through his mind.

utterer of lies
Okay, so I know it means he's attracted but I have this guy friend and sometimes he will just sorta stop what he's doing, stare at me and smile.

I will usually smile back but I am so curious what is going through his mind.

Either "I wonder what she looks like naked" or "I want to fúck her right now".

TaraMaiden

Or -

"If I look at her like a vacuous dunce I bet she'll wonder why I'm staring at her...."

Sorry but....

Why don't you ask him - ?!

Or "Haha, she's got a booger hanging out of her nose."

Or "Wow, that woman behind Waitress is really hot, let me see if I can smile at her and get eye contact."

Or "I can use another beer."

Or "That episode of Family Guy is hilarious!"

LeaningIntoTheMuse

Perhaps he's the Joker?

http://i53.tinypic.com/2zez0jb.jpg

Off topic, but I found it amusing that that advertisement showed up on this thread.

Back on topic:

I think it can mean anything. He could like what he sees. He could just be in a happy mood. It could be anything.

If you see a guy who stares and smiles at you, why not smile back and approach him? Maybe you got a shy guy who wants you to ask him out?

• Author

Hey, thanks for the responses. One of these days I might have to ask. But, then, if I ask "what are you thinking?" he might just do the typical guy response of "nothing." But I know you guys here won't do that! :)

When he stares at you, it means that he is wondering what your boobies look like naked.

When he smiles, it means that he thinks they look nice.

LeaningIntoTheMuse
When he stares at you, it means that he is wondering what your boobies look like naked.

When he smiles, it means that he thinks they look nice.

:laugh:;):cool:

I love how everyone jumps to conclusions about funky stuff or the blatantly sexual. It also could just be that he likes you and you make him smile... like gazing at a sunset, or the ocean, and smiling with joy. :)

I love how everyone jumps to conclusions about funky stuff or the blatantly sexual. It also could just be that he likes you and you make him smile... like gazing at a sunset, or the ocean, and smiling with joy. :)

That was my point, hence I posted a bunch of insane stuff. Not enough info to make a determination. It could be anything.

How long has this guy been your platonic friend?

It may not be a smile; instead, a grimace from the pain of an enlarged prostate ;)

I don't normally do the stare and smile thing but the few times I have it has been due to a person being a doppleganger for someone I once loved. Somehow, that image still stopped me in my tracks. This presumes of course that the person is a stranger, which isn't the case with you and your friend.

'You seem to be smiling. Why is that?'