What age range is appropriate?

one goal

When I go to the new university in the fall what age range of girls should I go after? I'm 27.

With your history I'm not entirely sure you should be going after anyone. But for a normal 27 year old, anything from 19-20 upwards is fine.

TaraMaiden

22 - 75.

Increase your chances, why don't you?

Or are you ageist?

Mrlonelyone

My father and uncle put it this way. A man should look for a woman 6-8 years younger than him. At least a few years younger is good. They say that women run down and age faster than men. So a woman who's about your age will have a much lower energy level than you years down the line.

Don't worry about seeming odd for being so old and going after women who are that much younger. I take it you are not going to be a graduate student? (In which case you would then have issues of ethics...much like that one teacher... to consider and women at the university who were undergraduates would be off limits.)

The legal age of consent in The Netherlands is 16, so 16 and up would be legally appropriate here. What would be socially appropriate would probably depend on who you ask, because opinions could differ on that point.

If you're in the US it differs per state, but I think 18 and up would cover all the states in the legal context.

The age range someone is comfortable dating in is a whole other matter though, as that would depend on personal preference.

BiscuitXOXO
My father and uncle put it this way. A man should look for a woman 6-8 years younger than him.

...27 - 8 = 19...

...NOO! Don't put him in my age bracket please! :( ...*hopes he's not coming to my uni*

Mrlonelyone

Why Biscuit? If you met him and did not know who he was here you might like him.

Try to keep some perspective... what we see on message boards is only a one dimensional image of a person who lives in four dimensions.

A single line of text (wrapped at the screens edge) to represent all the complexity and and depth of a real person.

What in that one line may seem creepy, odd, attractive, strange, repulsive, desireable, or wanted... can when seen in all it's depth, breath and temporal context very different.

TLDR:Try not to take whats on the net seriously when it comes to judging people as it is not always faithful representation of what they are.

When I go to the new university in the fall what age range of girls should I go after? I'm 27.

Go after whoever you find attractive, so long as it wouldn't be illegal or inappropriate for you to do so. (For the avoidance of doubt: don't go after your teachers.)

If you get rejected, accept it graciously and move on quickly.

BiscuitXOXO
Why Biscuit? If you met him and did not know who he was here you might like him.

Try to keep some perspective... what we see on message boards is only a one dimensional image of a person who lives in four dimensions.

A single line of text (wrapped at the screens edge) to represent all the complexity and and depth of a real person.

What in that one line may seem creepy, odd, attractive, strange, repulsive, desireable, or wanted... can when seen in all it's depth, breath and temporal context very different.

TLDR:Try not to take whats on the net seriously when it comes to judging people as it is not always faithful representation of what they are.

:sick:

As someone who has grown up with her life intertwined with technology, and as someone who has met hundreds of people and made friends both online and offline, I actually think that people online are more genuine.

Perhaps it has something to do with anonymity. But people online tend to be freer with their words and emotions.

Of course, real life interaction also reveals a lot about someone. But reading their writing provides the clearest road to their thoughts and personality, uncluttered by physical attractiveness or distracting surroundings.

If I discovered the cute guy in my class next semester was onegoal, I would run. Fast.

Mrlonelyone

Honey. I have been growing up with technology since 1984 when I was four. I have been on the net since before it was the world wide web. Trust me who someone says they are on the net is ANYTHING but a honest look at who they are.

Even if they are being as honest as possible.... words can only say so much.

If a picture is worth a thousand words... then what is real life interaction worth?

LeaningIntoTheMuse

19-30 is a good age range.

Although I'd say anybody who isn't your professor, or in a position of power above you, is golden. And you need therapy before you even think about dating!

Lorelei_Lane

Giving your recent history, please PLEASE seek some professional help before you start trying to hit on women again.

You need some help with boundaries. I know people have been bashing you and attacking you, flaming you and calling you a stalker, but darlin, if the shoe fits...

You have a bad track record here of stalker-ish behavior towards women. You become obsessed with them, twisting everything that they say or do into something you THINK you see, not what they're actually saying.

I'm 26, a woman around your age, and if you were to hit on me (if I were single) and start doing the same things you've done in the past I would run the complete opposite direction because you don't understand boundaries. You don't understand the general human behavior of flirting and dating.

Please, for your sake and the women you're going to be hitting on in the future, talk to a counselor. A therapist, someone that can help you see where you're going wrong and how to fix it.

...27 - 8 = 19...

...NOO! Don't put him in my age bracket please! :( ...*hopes he's not coming to my uni*

Well that's mean, I second that. :laugh:

I should hope that OG isn't as much of a total creeper as he portrays himself on here, but with his past with women, it would just be bad news to be his new fascination. Probably more so for him than it would be for me.

And I already know that I couldn't stand him Mrlonelyone before you throw the same argument my way. I'm nice the first or second time I turn a guy down, but after that I turn into a b*tch. I can't stand desperate guys who are unable to understand what "no" means..it's one of my biggest pet peeves. Even if I didn't know who he "really" was if I met him, I'd still probably get the desperate vibe from him and bolt in the opposite direction.

But to answer your question OG, I say go for girls closer to your age. 24-28. Most (not all) women don't go for guys too much older than them or very noticeably younger than them.

• Author

Well I do find women in their 30s to be attractive. Still young yet more mature. The teacher was like 39.

Lorelei_Lane
Giving your recent history, please PLEASE seek some professional help before you start trying to hit on women again.

You need some help with boundaries. I know people have been bashing you and attacking you, flaming you and calling you a stalker, but darlin, if the shoe fits...

You have a bad track record here of stalker-ish behavior towards women. You become obsessed with them, twisting everything that they say or do into something you THINK you see, not what they're actually saying.

I'm 26, a woman around your age, and if you were to hit on me (if I were single) and start doing the same things you've done in the past I would run the complete opposite direction because you don't understand boundaries. You don't understand the general human behavior of flirting and dating.

Please, for your sake and the women you're going to be hitting on in the future, talk to a counselor. A therapist, someone that can help you see where you're going wrong and how to fix it.

One Goal, age doesn't matter so long as you keep doing what you're doing....

Mrlonelyone

Going for women that are about his age throws away his advantage.

As creepy as 27 year old OG may come across on the net. Compared to the 20 year old BOYS he'll be against...unless he walks around campus flashing people or something... he will look like Hue Heffner.

You gotta keep in mind what his competition will be... mostly utterly immature stupid dumb frat boys. The woman who dates him will be the one with the "older" boyfriend. Which will carry allot of weight in the social circle of a college girl.

• Author

As creepy as 27 year old OG may come across on the net. Compared to the 20 year old BOYS he'll be against...unless he walks around campus flashing people or something... he will look like Hue Heffner.

You gotta keep in mind what his competition will be... mostly utterly immature stupid dumb frat boys. The woman who dates him will be the one with the "older" boyfriend. Which will carry allot of weight in the social circle of a college girl.

Problem is I don't look 27. Most think I'm early 20s.

• Author

So you're saying I will get lots of girls?

After dating for about 3 weeks should I expect them to sleep with me?

You? No.

(ten characters)

• Author
You? No.

(ten characters)

but I want to bone them. That's why I want a gf so bad and probably get too persistant like I did with the teacher because I don't get any.

orangelady
My father and uncle put it this way. A man should look for a woman 6-8 years younger than him. At least a few years younger is good. They say that women run down and age faster than men. So a woman who's about your age will have a much lower energy level than you years down the line.

Don't worry about seeming odd for being so old and going after women who are that much younger. I take it you are not going to be a graduate student? (In which case you would then have issues of ethics...much like that one teacher... to consider and women at the university who were undergraduates would be off limits.)

How about 58 year old man and a 30 year old lady?