keeping tabs, finding faults in the person you are dating and everyone!

jalexy

i have no idea why i do it, but i am very very shiesty with money and i have plenty of it. but when it comes to dating, i like everything to be equal. i get upset inside when i end up paying more than the other when he cant spend at the time, hes got things he needs to pay before he can pay for things again. WHy on earth do i get upset when i feel i am puting out more money? WHY DOES IT MATTER? anybody have this issue?

this happens with friends too....i guess i feel taken for granted when i give more than the other person. weird me.

i keep tabs iwth my friends occasionally, usually when its a guy's night out.

whenever we go out eat or pool, bowl, etc we split the cash evenly...if it's a little more or less or cover someone else we dont bother keeping count. we hang out, just enjoy the night and dont be too concerned about spending more or less cash.

If its with my friend that i like, i will usually pay for her portion...it's the proper guy thing to do in any situation, but im not sure how it goes with female...

But i wouldnt recommend paying for someone else's tab too frequently. One of my other friends would pay for his friend's meal or pool tab or whereever they hang out, and because of that he took advantage of him. Cause my friend was too nice and didnt wanna tell it to his face he was being greedy. Friends such as those who follow you around expecting to "live" off you are not really true friends if they cant even pay their share or treat you out sometime. What happened with my friend is that he just totally ignored his calls and that dude got the idea they didnt want to be friends no more.

just try to relax with your cash!! don't overspend or underspend, just pay what makes you feel that you are being generous, mature, and cool. Your friends or dates might think you might be concerned about saving money, and not a lot of people like people who keep count and keep tabs of exact calculations.

believe me, i grew up and was raised to be a money saver. But there are times in the past that i was too secure about keeping tabs, but learned to be more loose when spending cash to hang out with friends or dates