Men: What percentage of women would you say YOU find physically attractive?

MrNate

And be honest. I'm talking about the kind of woman who's erogenous zones you wouldn't mind fondling for a few minutes.

Me personally? about 15%. If you say anything near 50%, I'm calling bs.:cool:

Women within my age range, 18-33.

I'd say about, 70%. Maybe higher.

The 30% should be enough to rule out the big girls and the rare ugly girl.

All races are welcome, as long as they are clean and smell good. No ponies though, sorry.

And be honest. I'm talking about the kind of woman who's erogenous zones you wouldn't mind fondling for a few minutes.

Me personally? about 15%. If you say anything near 50%, I'm calling bs.:cool:

That depends on the man's age and the places he hangs out at .

Guys in their 20's are going to find the majority of the college girls to be attractive.

I'd say that about 5% of women are physically attractive to me, on a global scale. If we are talking about Countries and such, I could say that I find the majority of the young college women from Portugal, Spain, and Sweden to be physically attractive.

On looks alone probably 15% - 20% personality is important to me. If they have a vulgar demeanor, no matter how physically attractive they are I won't want anything to do with them.

Cracker Jack

About 60% max. And that's considering women from 18 to about 40. I'm serious. I'm attracted to many types of women. If I had answered this a few yrs ago, the % would've been around 20% or less. I wasn't too open minded back then.

I find 15% of all women attractive. I don't get attracted to women unless I spend time with them, and they have good personalitys.

• Author

All races are welcome, as long as they are clean and smell good. No ponies though, sorry.

lol. I'm calling bs on the 70%.

I like that you are welcome to all races of women. So am I lol. They're too beautiful to only choose based on race.

Chicago_Guy

Maybe 20-25%. I generally prefer athletic women, so the percentage of women I find attractive may be higher depending on the location - I'm sure I would find more than 25% of the women attractive at many health clubs.

TheLoneSock

In all honesty, maybe around 8-10%. Upwards to 15-20% if I'm just settling for the minimum. But there are specific reasons that drop those numbers low, things that are just a matter of my personal opinion.

Chicago_Guy

I don't believe for one second that you could possibly find 70% or more women attractive unless you are desperate. Also, even if you are open to other races, I bet you find certain races far more attractive than others.

There are many overweight woman in the U.S., so 30% is probably not enough to rule out all of them.

I don't believe for one second that you could possibly find 70% or more women attractive unless you are desperate. Also, even if you are open to other races, I bet you find certain races far more attractive than others.

There are many overweight woman in the U.S., so 30% is probably not enough to rule out all of them.

You know, the U.S is not the world. Maybe he's saying that he finds 70% of the women he has met so far. Foreign students ring a bell?

I think this is quite an interesting question, and I'd like to add a little experiment to this. In addition to the OP's question, guys, what % of women would you say have personalities that you feel you could live with all your life? And what % of women do you think have other circumstances in order (no kids? financial independence? etc) that you would require? Finally, what % of women do you think fulfill the other criteria you set ie. intelligence (am I expecting too much of the male gender here? I hope not), physically active, etc?

Multiply the decimal values and then multiply by the number of women in your geographical region (assuming you don't believe in LDRs). What's the result?

Would you still say you believe in the 'many fish in the sea' adage, then? :)

lol. I'm calling bs on the 70%.

I like that you are welcome to all races of women. So am I lol. They're too beautiful to only choose based on race.

Why would he lie?

Strangers in random meetings/interactions? Maybe one in fifty. The percentage rises markedly where time and interaction is involved. I recall, during my decade as a docent, meeting/greeting thousands of people a year, exactly two women who hit me, wham!, just from them walking through the door. It is what it is. No animals were harmed ;)

1% at best in terms of crush inducing physical attraction in the age range of 20-35. That number becomes even smaller when I consider personality and intelligence. Perhaps I have my bar set too high, I don't know. I just don't fall into a crush very often, can't do it based on merely looks and lately the girls I liked all turned out to have a boyfriend. That never bothered me though, because I'd always move on easily, but lately it did frustrate me somewhat due to finding that out several times in a row. (I always check that first before making a move)

I'm not desperate at all though and I'm not the type of person that would complain about slim pickings. If I must I just go where she dwells, even if that means travelling or perhaps even emigrating. I'm flexible in that regard and speak several languages and wouldn't mind learning a new one. I'd probably wait at least 1.5 years with the emigration though, I still have stuff to do where I am right now. Although if it doesn't happen for me in 1.5 years I'll consider traveling around the world for a while. Who knows, perhaps I'd bump into someone I like on my travels. Might as well keep a journal here on LS of the adventure.

Edited by Nexus One

That's a really hard question. It's difficult to know exactly what most girls look like, because by definition, the ones I see are only the ones who are 'out' somewhere, be it a bar, in town shopping, etc.

Of those I might see in a nightclub from 18-30 I'd say probably 60% would be attractive enough to sleep with, and maybe 20% would be attractive enough to date seriously.

If you consider those seen around town, that number is probably at least 3 or 4 times smaller.

Mrlonelyone

I find about 1/3 of all the women I see on a daily basis physically attractive. (JIC anyone wonders about the same number of men.)

@Easyhart.

I feel what you are saying. I actually sat down and calculated what the size of my dating pool is when the obvious filters and deal breakers are accounted for. About 1/100 men or women will be both interested in me and interesting to me. That is after accounting for people's acceptance of my sexuality and gender, religiosity, compatible levels of education, etc.

That 1% is probably a large enough dating pool and comparable to other peoples now that I think about it. that works out to about 3 million in the USA alone, 60 Million world wide. For a monosexual person it's about the same since they don't have to factor in people who will reject them based on being bi.

Edited by Mrlonelyone

Hahaha it depends on a lot of factors, namely, how long it's been since I've had sex, how much alcohol I've had, the position of the moon relative to earth's polar angle, etc.

To be honest though, I, like many others, prefer athletic women the most (but not too knarly looking). She doesn't have to be a gym rat or anything. The hottest girls I've ever seen, bar none, have come from sports such as track and field events (barring throwers, haha), swimming/diving, volleyball, soccer, gymnastics, and some softball players (believe it or not).

I'm going to go around 10-15% are hot enough for me to really take notice, women in the midwest just are of sub-par quality though. They don't care about how much they weigh and wear crappy clothes, so yeah if I was in LA or NY I might say 40%. Doesn't mean I won't fool around with a fat girl now and then but I would never ever date one.

In the ten years I've been single, I've not met one available woman I was attracted to. Sure, some looked nice, but it still didn't make them attractive.