Girlfrined want to have kids now and i'm not ready

nukester88

i know its a little weird but she's 6yrs older i'm 22 and she's 28 and we have been dating for 3yrs. she's the sweetest girls ever we get along well and I love her to death. the only thing we are not in the same page is with kids i had a talk about it with her because i just joined the service and i will be leaving for training in months so I told her after all that is done (within in 2yrs) we can settle down. she agreed but every time her nephew comes over or sees a kind she jumps back to the whole i want a kid mood. idk what to do coz i'm a little scared that i might loose her but then i dont want to bite off more than i can chew.

And i know its a little odd for a guy to date a older girl how i met her is a long story and my mom hates her for dating me but loves her coz she's such a nice person she doesn't look old, and she's drama free most girls my ager are full of

Do *NOT* let this woman pressure you into having children if you don't feel ready for them.

Children are a lifetime commitment. Once you have them, you can't give them back.

If she's really that serious about settling down and having children, then dating a 22 year old probably wasn't the smartest idea (no offense)

This kind of commitment is something you'll have to come to in your own time.

If she can't accept that, then you both may have to accept that the relationship just isn't "right" for you both at this point in time.

That said..

Good women whom you can form *good* relationships with are not as common as some would have you believe. If you've found an amazing girl and you really, truly, deeply love her.. then think long and hard about letting her go. The green is usually not greener.

In the end man, just be true to yourself. Even if you end up hurting her now, you'll be saving both of you a HUGE amount of pain down the road.

TouchedByViolet

hmm... tough situation. Sounds like this issue could be a deal breaker. Have you suggested for you both to get a pet together, maybe a dog? Some women can channel there motherly needs into pets temporarily, until the time for children arrives.

Additionally, let me say there is nothing wrong with dating a woman older than you. I don't know why it bothers you so much. I personally find them more attractive.

Duckduckgoose

She knows how you feel about kids right now. You have made it clear you don't want kids right now. She is pressuring you for kids RIGHT NOW.

RUN. She seems the type that wants kids no matter what. She is not respecting what you've already discussed.

Ya'll are on different pages about the kids issue. She is ready and you are not. Your reason is very good. You just joined the service and would not be able to dedicate all your time to being a father and watching your kid grow through the early years. She wants kids NOW anyway.

Cut her loose so she can find a sperm donor. I am afraid that she is one of those women that just wants kids and doesn't care who the dad is...

I apologize if my advice is a bit off and I'm pegging your girlfriend wrong... I've seen **** like this too much unfortunately and I'm in a strange mood.:o