So I talked to the hot teacher about asking her out today.

one goal

So anyways I had class today and I talked to her about the email I sent her, after class. I told her honestly why I sent the email is because I didn't feel I should ask her out at school hence why I asked her out outside of class. She told me it was okay, but that indeed it would be inappropriate she said. I was honest with her and told her she seems like a nice girl, and that I like girls older than me and just wanted to get to know her better. She said that was nice of me what I said about her and in the email, but that she's sorry she can't.

She said I'm not going to get in trouble, but just don't let it happen again.

She was pretty cool about it actually. She did seem a little uneasy talking about it, but otherwise she was not pissed, but was serious she would appreciate it not happen again.

I feel better now at least I told her personally how I feel about her.

That's great that she took it so well and didn't get upset over it. Who knows, maybe in the future after you're no longer seen as her student or referred to as her former student, maybe there could be a chance for you there. There was for my friend, and she's now engaged to him (except, she was not interested in him while he was her teacher).

I'm just curious though. What kind of teacher was this, or how much was the age difference? Like..high school, college, adult education?

• Author
That's great that she took it so well and didn't get upset over it. Who knows, maybe in the future after you're no longer seen as her student or referred to as her former student, maybe there could be a chance for you there. There was for my friend, and she's now engaged to him (except, she was not interested in him while he was her teacher).

I'm just curious though. What kind of teacher was this, or how much was the age difference? Like..high school, college, adult education?

A literature, theater teacher. And it is college. I'm 27 and she's probably 38ish, late 30s.

LeaningIntoTheMuse

It's great that you both were so mature about it. That's good.

I take back what I said about you, OP.

• Author
It's great that you both were so mature about it. That's good.

I take back what I said about you, OP.

Is the rest of the school year going to be akward now for both of us?

Now I'm not as nervous now that I told her personally how I feel about her, but I'm going to feel like Im walking on egg shells now worried I'll offend her.

shes like very late 30s, but I told her I thought she was mid 30s.

This sucks I got shot down again. This dating thing isn't working out for me. This sucks!!! Never going to have a gf!

Now I'm not as nervous now that I told her personally how I feel about her, but I'm going to feel like Im walking on egg shells now worried I'll offend her.

This sucks I got shot down again. This dating thing isn't working out for me. This sucks!!! Never going to have a gf!

Nah, she probably saw it as a compliment and only had to respond the way she did because depending on the policies of the school where you guys are at, she could risk losing her job. I think that as long as you don't try to bring it up again, and try to treat her with respect then you should be fine. Just don't go drooling after her or raising your hand every chance you can just to say "You look pretty today!" or something along those lines.

And..just because your teacher "shot you down" doesn't mean that you'll never have a girlfriend. Like I said, depending on where it is, she could lose her job for something like that. Focus more on your classmates or someone else (at least until you graduate), and see if you can find a potential girlfriend from one of them. Good luck!

Just do well in class, be a good student and class citizen, and whatever you do, do NOT go out of your way to be extra-friendly to her or see her outside of class hours. You'll win more points for carrying yourself well and handling yourself as a mature gentleman than you might expect.

Edited by Imajerk17

Well handled. Now just remember what she said about it being inappropriate and start thinking of her as just your teacher.

Cracker Jack

I'm glad she was cool about it.

The rest of the semester will be fine. Just chill and get your work done. Don't worry about anything being awkward. And don't worry about rejection (easier said than done), as it's something we all have to face.

• Author
Just do well in class, be a good student and class citizen, and whatever you do, do NOT go out of your way to be extra-friendly to her or see her outside of class hours. You'll win more points for carrying yourself well and handling yourself as a mature gentleman than you might expect.

You mean I still have a slight shot with her? It's hard in class to focus because she is a very attractive lady.

dreamingoftigers
You mean I still have a slight shot with her? It's hard in class to focus because she is a very attractive lady.

The chance might be like 5%. but there would have to bs extenuating circumstances.

Plus the fact that your teacher shot you down is no indication of your ability to attract someone. That is like saying because a married woman shot you down that you were not able to get a girlfriend. (despite what happens on LS) most married women are undateabke to the average single guy, your teacher us in the undateabke category to you because she is your teacher and that would professionally compromise her. Find someone you CAN date.

LeaningIntoTheMuse

It's only as awkward as both of you make it.

If you were pleasant and non threatening, then she will not view you as a threat. Even if she was not attracted to you, she won't view you as a threat.

It's this obsessiveness that gets you in trouble. Can I ask you a personal question? Have you ever been checked for OCD, or Aspergers? Sounds like a lot of your threads were made by someone who suffers from one or the other (not a bad thing, I have OCD and am treated.)

• Author
The chance might be like 5%. but there would have to bs extenuating circumstances.

Plus the fact that your teacher shot you down is no indication of your ability to attract someone. That is like saying because a married woman shot you down that you were not able to get a girlfriend. (despite what happens on LS) most married women are undateabke to the average single guy, your teacher us in the undateabke category to you because she is your teacher and that would professionally compromise her. Find someone you CAN date.

We are adults so I don't see why that should be a issue for her. Is it she doesn't want to date someone like 11 years younger than her?

Cracker Jack

You two being adults isn't really the point. She let you down as soft as she could. She could've been a total ass about it, but she wasn't--and instead, simply let you know that she wasn't open to the idea. Could it be because you're much younger than her? Yes. Could it be because you're her student? Yes. Could it be because she's not attracted to you? Also, yes.

You shouldn't continue to question it at this point. I just think you need to move on and pursue someone else.

Thats great that she was cool about it, but remember that she most likely will go to her boss or the school administrators and discuss this.

When a student asks a teacher out for dates that puts them in a very precarious position ethically and possibly legally as they will most likely have a policy that she had to sign about dating students.

You didn't do anything wrong but you need to make sure it ends there or she will go into protect mode and protect her job.

We are adults so I don't see why that should be a issue for her. Is it she doesn't want to date someone like 11 years younger than her?

She will most likely be fired if she dated you, if not fired it will certainly taint her professional career.

No.. you don't have any shot with her...

• Author
Thats great that she was cool about it, but remember that she most likely will go to her boss or the school administrators and discuss this.

When a student asks a teacher out for dates that puts them in a very precarious position ethically and possibly legally as they will most likely have a policy that she had to sign about dating students.

You didn't do anything wrong but you need to make sure it ends there or she will go into protect mode and protect her job.

So even though she said she wouldn't tell on me, you think she's still going to anyways?

She seems like a nice gal, but I've read her reviews on rate my professor. She either likes you or doesnt. If she doesn't like you she will give you bad grades and make it miserable. One student said it's like walking on egg shells with her.

So did I possibly get onto her bad side now? Like I said she wasn't visibly mad, but I could tell she felt uncomfortable talking about it.

Thats what I hate about girls. Some can be nice, but can go into bitch more quick when they freak out.

Thats what I hate about girls. Some can be nice, but can go into bitch more quick when they freak out.

I don't think she told on you but be reassured she will make sure her boss knows about it and she will discuss that she diffused it to make sure it is on record in case it comes up further

and your quote about her going into bitch mode.. WTF dude.. you asked a teacher out..

She is under an obligation to her employer to NOT date students..

Are you having a hard time grasping that she didn't do anything wrong by turning you down, that she was only protecting her lively hood and her professional career.

She will continue to be nice to you.. she isn't a bitch or a bad person because she turned you down. You didn't get on her bad side and give this a few days it will be like it never happened.

• Author
I don't think she told on you but be reassured she will make sure her boss knows about it and she will discuss that she diffused it to make sure it is on record in case it comes up further

and your quote about her going into bitch mode.. WTF dude.. you asked a teacher out..

She is under an obligation to her employer to NOT date students..

Are you having a hard time grasping that she didn't do anything wrong by turning you down, that she was only protecting her lively hood and her professional career.

She will continue to be nice to you.. she isn't a bitch or a bad person because she turned you down. You didn't get on her bad side and give this a few days it will be like it never happened.

I'm just kinda worried she might have passed the email around the dept for everyone to have a good laugh at. Even though I wont be going to that school in the fall it will still be embarassing.

I don't think she would have mentioned it to me if I didn't bring it up in class, but felt i should talk to her about it. I probably should have just asked her out in person.

The rest of the year in class I'm just going to try and lay low. Seriously if she went to the dept Dean and that and told them about it I still say she's going overboard.

I'm just kinda worried she might have passed the email around the dept for everyone to have a good laugh at. Even though I wont be going to that school in the fall it will still be embarassing.

I don't think she would have mentioned it to me if I didn't bring it up in class, but felt i should talk to her about it. I probably should have just asked her out in person.

The rest of the year in class I'm just going to try and lay low. Seriously if she went to the dept Dean and that and told them about it I still say she's going overboard.

She didn't pass it around and have a good laugh, that would be terribly unprofessional of her and downright mean and I doubt she did that.

Don't be embarrassed about it..

Asking a woman out isn't a crime or anything bad but if you let it go past her rejection it will be bad..

Just forget about it, in a few days it will be like it never happened.

• Author
She didn't pass it around and have a good laugh, that would be terribly unprofessional of her and downright mean and I doubt she did that.

Don't be embarrassed about it..

Asking a woman out isn't a crime or anything bad but if you let it go past her rejection it will be bad..

Just forget about it, in a few days it will be like it never happened.

True. Still like I said I could tell her radar was in defensive mode when I talked to her.

I don't think she'd use it to mock you. If anything, she was probably flattered. You're worried about what she'll think, and she may be worried about what you'll think. Let it rest, though. Pretend nothing happened and carry on in her class as usual.

In the future, remember not to ask your current professors out. My alma mater had a policy in place which made it possible for professors to date or marry students - so long as the students were not their students, nor likely to be their students in the future. Although some universities and colleges have a much stricter policy on that.

Maybe you shoulda eased your way into her graces, OP lol. Let me tell you a little story that happened about 3-4 years ago. I took some courses in a massage school, right? I went there because I knew there would be tons of babes in there to hit on, and being a male of minority, we were surely in demand for those ladies. And what fun me and the few guys there had!

Anyway, in one of my shiatzu classes, there was a latina assistant, about 25 with the greatest ass and softest skin, omg, lol. I took liberty to work with her every chance I got, by pretending that I need extra prep skills in motions, etc. I felt her up so good, told her how sweet she was to help me, and kept on feeling her up after class during our little exercises. She never had a problem with it. During class she would actually keep looking at me like she knew what was coming later :laugh:. This went on for a month.

OP, you could've worked your way into her. Emails, talk about school, and then eventually about other unrelated matters of interest to get to know her, instead of "asking to get to know her". The worst thing you wanna do is put a woman on the spot. They'll respond bad. They always do because they hate pressure and can't handle it well. Your job is to ease it in, but to be honest about it at the same time. Hope these pointers hit home for your future attempts.

mr.dream merchant

LMAO! I had this one professor, so so soOOOooOoo damn fine. She was a latina with the accent and all. One day she had some chalk on her...very tight..black pants, right on the left ass cheek. I made sure to be a good student, went up and faked interest about my last test score, then told her she had some chalk on her pants. What did she do? Tried to slap it off...repeatedly. Where were my eyes? Glued to her ass and all it's jiggles.

Nowadays, all my old female professors always stare at me during lecture. It's kind of awkward. I couldn't smang them even if it was for extra credit.....well......I take that back lmfao.