Annoying scheduling details

Eternal Sunshine

Eternal Sunshine

I am supposed to go on 5th date with this guy tomorrow.

I agreed earlier in the week that it will be Thursday night and we will go to the movies. I told him I will pick the movie and let him know the time.

So on Wednesday morning I text him with the movie I want to see and give him two alternative times.

He picks the later time (9:30pm) and tells me that we should go and have dinner before hand. I reply with yeah, let's meet up around 7:30pm - any ideas on good places to eat?

He responded that he will think about it and let me know.

He didn't contact me at all for the rest of the day. On Weds night, I text him good night and look forward to seeing you tomorrow. He responds with a bunch of smiley faces and sweet dreams.

It's now Thursday morning and I still have no idea where we are meeting up and at exactly what time.

I don't want to come across as desperate but I am annoyed that he didn't figure out the restaurant yet.

Should I text him "so where are we meeting?" or wait for him to contact me? If so how long do I wait? I have no idea if we 100% have plans or not even!

Argh, I hate dating.

Ugh, he obvisously have no respect for you original plans.... Haha I am just pussyfooting around. Just call him and ask him where you guys are meeting up.

Yes I know pussyfooting isn't meant in the context I used but oh well.

Act as if there has been no mis-step and simply state what you know, "I'm looking forward to seeing Zombie Cheerleader Sluts at 9:30 pm. Give me the name of the restaurant and I'll meet you there at 7:30 pm."

Easy peasy. :cool:

• Author
Eternal Sunshine

Heh, I worried about nothing. He texted me unprompted where to meet him in the city. He wouldn't give me the name of the restaurant, just said that he booked it and it's a surprise :)

He also said that he has killer sore throat and just wants to warn me that there will be no kissing tonight - he doesn't want to pass on the virus :(

Damn it. I just want some action :mad:

Jack & Coke

You women folk are good for getting too antsy and not letting surprises play themselves out, lol. Never get in the way of a man with a plan, especially if he's trying to do something nice for you. Relax and enjoy!

Mme. Chaucer

Did you get your hair cut short? You look a lot different.

• Author
Eternal Sunshine

Nah, it's longer than ever, just tied back. Also that pic was taken from a funny angle

:rolleyes:

welikeincrowds
Zombie Cheerleader Sluts

That movie was the biggest waste of $16.50. Thanks Ebert, I'm never listening to you again.

• Author
Eternal Sunshine
That movie was the biggest waste of $16.50. Thanks Ebert, I'm never listening to you again.

hello :love:

How'd she change her eye shape? Thought she was Asian. ;)

Mme. Chaucer

Uh-oh. I think she likes you.

• Author
Eternal Sunshine
Most of the time I'm not convinced that SACWA is even a real person.

I mean, you've read her posts.

Oh wow, I absolutely LOVED that movie.

BTW sadly I am quite real and the problems/situations I write about on LS are about 99% true. The 1% is lame attempt to hide my identity.

• Author
Eternal Sunshine

It went really well.

He got me a rose :)

He also asked me to be his girlfriend :love:

Looks like I found myself in another relationship....

We are now discussing making it official on Facebook. He has already de-listed himself as "single" earlier today.

• Author
Eternal Sunshine

We also discussed how often we will see each other. We agreed on Thursdays and Saturdays for now - but may increase this later. This suits me well because I have been single for so long - I am used to having time to myself.

My last R was too much too soon - and this pace feels much more natural.

• Author
Eternal Sunshine

My new bf is an upgrade to the last one in every sense. So happy that I wasn't stuck with that disturbed, unstable loser and no-hopper. He is going to have a REAL hard time finding a girl willing and desperate enough to date him.

I am the best that he will ever have :)

My new bf is an upgrade to the last one in every sense. So happy that I wasn't stuck with that disturbed, unstable loser and no-hopper. He is going to have a REAL hard time finding a girl willing and desperate enough to date him.

I am the best that he will ever have :)

Sounds like my ex, is this his twin? Haha:lmao:

I'm glad to hear that, I'm dating this guy who likes to schedule things at the last minute, most of the time it throws my schedule off. I just have to appreciate the perks of dating. :p

I'm happy to hear that. Sounds like you got yourself a winner!

• Author
Eternal Sunshine

Thanks Cee, hope this one lasts.

I really like that he plans things. It helps reduce my anxiety about when/if I will see him again. He is just really stable, reliable and consistent.

• Author
Eternal Sunshine

Still, I am real SG. I have a few people from here on my FB. I like to take a lot of photos and I put my flings up sometimes with selective privacy settings. Those people know that I am not making things up.

All the guys in my threads are real. All my work problems are real. All my family health problems are real. The only time I switch my age etc is when I have been banned and want to hide.

I haven't even been banned really - I requested Tony to ban me so that I would have a bit of a break from LS. So I killed SACWA and OG that way.

I am 32, live in Australia and work in applied math research.

The only time I switch my age etc is when I have been banned and want to hide.

If you've been banned, EVER, you should not be here. It is against LS's rules to allow banned members to return under (a plethora of) different names. I understand you like to hide your IP to hide from Tony (you've admitted it in the past), but you have to admit that it's really just...not right.

There are a lot of good people here who need real help, and a lot of good people who rely on the veracity of other posters when giving advice. The falsities you post to throw people off your scent unfortunately destroys your credibility, and is against everything LS stands for.

I'm glad you admitted to the dishonesty and skirting around the rules though. Everyone should know the truth when considering whether to respond to you.

• Author
Eternal Sunshine

But.. I got banned BY REQUEST. Not because I did something to deserve banning. I asked Tony to ban me. Shouldn't that be different?

Mme. Chaucer
But.. I got banned BY REQUEST. Not because I did something to deserve banning. I asked Tony to ban me. Shouldn't that be different?

Um ... why not just GO AWAY, rather than ask Tony to "ban" you and then come right back? I guess the latter garners a lot more attention.