Feeling betrayed!

caseinpoint

caseinpoint

This is a thread http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t262558/ I started in January. The said guy and I had gone out more and I certainly could tell he was interested. Until my company decided to use another company, instead of his, for our business-related activities. The decisions were purely work-based and for good reasons.

Then he started flaking. I also heard from a guy at his company that he also started going out with someone.

I feel betrayed. He probably only was "interested" for the business-related activities though I must say he's good. He played it really well that made me believe he liked me.

He's asked me out since but I should ignore him, right? No point hanging around, right?

This is a thread http://www.loveshack.org/forums/t262558/ I started in January. The said guy and I had gone out more and I certainly could tell he was interested. Until my company decided to use another company, instead of his, for our business-related activities. The decisions were purely work-based and for good reasons.

Then he started flaking. I also heard from a guy at his company that he also started going out with someone.

I feel betrayed. He probably only was "interested" for the business-related activities though I must say he's good. He played it really well that made me believe he liked me.

He's asked me out since but I should ignore him, right? No point hanging around, right?

What's wrong with going out with someone else when he's not exclusive with you? Unless y'all talked about only seeing one another and he's lied about seeing someone else, then that shouldn't really matter to you. He's keeping his options open, nothing wrong with that. Though, it does seem like he may be only interested in you for business purposes, you can't know that for sure. Since he's trying to take you out again after your company chose another one, he may either be trying to be polite or you were right in thinking that it was purely business-related. Or, God forbid, he may seriously be into you. Instead of just writing him off and ignoring him, talk to him about where y'all see this going and see what he's looking for. If you're just not feeling it, then don't pursue it any more, but simply ignoring the guy is kind of rude when you're only assuming what's going on.

• Author
caseinpoint
What's wrong with going out with someone else when he's not exclusive with you? Unless y'all talked about only seeing one another and he's lied about seeing someone else, then that shouldn't really matter to you. He's keeping his options open, nothing wrong with that. Though, it does seem like he may be only interested in you for business purposes, you can't know that for sure. Since he's trying to take you out again after your company chose another one, he may either be trying to be polite or you were right in thinking that it was purely business-related. Or, God forbid, he may seriously be into you. Instead of just writing him off and ignoring him, talk to him about where y'all see this going and see what he's looking for. If you're just not feeling it, then don't pursue it any more, but simply ignoring the guy is kind of rude when you're only assuming what's going on.

I would like to protect myself from any heartaches that seeing him more may cause. He can't now be serious about me since he's quite serious about the new girlfriend.

xpaperxcutx
I would like to protect myself from any heartaches that seeing him more may cause. He can't now be serious about me since he's quite serious about the new girlfriend.

That is an ******* move. Time to rebound.

Wait, so he's serious about this new girl? And serious enough yet he's trying to go out with you again? I agree with the post above me, time to move on if that's the case. I gathered that he was simply going out on a date or two with the chick, if it's serious, then there's no use in keeping up with this loser.

If you're just assuming that he's serious about this chick and have no evidence that he is (besides him going out on a date or two with her), then you really need to ask yourself why you're making so many assumptions about this dude.

• Author
caseinpoint
Wait, so he's serious about this new girl? And serious enough yet he's trying to go out with you again? I agree with the post above me, time to move on if that's the case. I gathered that he was simply going out on a date or two with the chick, if it's serious, then there's no use in keeping up with this loser.

If you're just assuming that he's serious about this chick and have no evidence that he is (besides him going out on a date or two with her), then you really need to ask yourself why you're making so many assumptions about this dude.

Not assumptions. I suspect he's only going out with me as a friend now.