Unappreciated, possessive and jealous of ex girlfriend. Now What?

Javasucks

In this case the"girlfriend" is an overstatement simply because they never actually went out on a date but just hung out on campus. (go to class, walked around )No lunch dates, dinner dates anything of that sort.There was also a time when she neglected to call him for months over the summer. He says he is over her but still calls her his "first love." I bash him for this bc it places her in a significant light which i don't think she deserves, and i honestly think its quite pathetic to consider someone who never gave you the time of day to be your "first love."

I think I treat him well. I make sure he eats well (when we go out or if i make him something) bc he has a sensitive digestive system. I stay up at night with him if he needs to talk (even when I had a major test that i was terrified of) and I am always there to support him. He says I am the only person he ever really felt comfortable with. I know he loves me, but now he has developed "anxiety issues" which are causing him to have doubts about me. (if he can stay with me, if he loves me) etc.He is seeking professional help now but I can't help but feel frustrated that I am giving 100% into this and I don't feel like I'm getting it back though he is very sweet and cries his heart out every time i mention the idea of leaving. What should I do?