Great news: Met an outgoing Girl and Picked up a Girl from the street

quietGuy13

Hello guuuuuuyyss!!!

i had awesome success today. Well as you know i'm a quiet guy etc etc. and don't have friends nor gf.

Today I finally met the girl that said she would help me with foreign language. We talked for 1 hour!!!! non stop. something i had never done before. We laughed and shared our culture, etcand no awekward pauses. WHICH never happened before cause i'm not a good speaker and i've never talked much before especially i've never met girls and talk to them this much.

She was young. in early 20s. but anyways, she was foreign but Americanized but spoke English just like an American. I thought she would h ate me and discriiminate me, but she didn't and she was really happy while talking tome.

Then she threw in the "My boyfriend" thing so i was disappointed alittle. but it's ok... I'm just trying out talking to girls.

So that was soooo fun and successful.Met her through email off from a message board for local stuff. We exchanged phone numbers and we will keep in touch.

So that made me happy.

Then i drove back home BUT kept my eye for any girls in bus stops. Why? Don't ask me why but since I have no other way to meet people as of now, bus stops have been some of the places where i've tried and so i was looking to see if anyone was in bus stops.

then OH!!! i saw a cute girl in a bus stop. she had Ipod on but for some reason i had a gut feeling that i could talk to her and be friends. so i was driving but there was a parking lot right by where i saw her. Turned around and parked there then i went to the bus stop as if I was taking the bus.She was Asian and i had a feeling she was japanese.

Talked to her "Hello.." surprisingly she wasn't inpolike cause she took them off and w as open to conversation. So I talked to her, ...i knew she was japanese cause I know. i don't know why but sometimes i just know. So i asked her where she was from and yup she said she was.

Then we switched to her language and i did well surprisingly.

Then we had a nice conversation for about 15 minutes. She was so hapy and excited. then i told her how i never meet foreigners and how i was happy to meet her etc. Then she said she felt the same , that she never has the chance to meet americans. Then we agreed to be friends and go out to drink tea or something and i added "and to do fun stuff together" hehe. and wooooow. Then we exchangeed phone numbers and names we tested eachother's phones so that we were sure we had the correct numbers. It was like a miracle today

So i got 2 friends right from the street.:D

I don't care what other people Including my parents say that learning a foreign language( that you can never use in American and that you don't even use at work cause it's not a company related to that language) and culture was stupid. it has been one of the ways I can connect with people. so i don't think it was stupid.

BTW , i recently bought a SMALL TALK book to help me with conversation cause i suck so i've been reading it and i've learned many techniques and I memorized them and just before going out today i reviewed them and i used them in both situations. it was aweeeesome. That's why There was NO AWEKWARD PAUSES..usually i always have weird pauses but i guess i'm getting better.

Also BTW, in my title i put "Picked up a girl from the street". I don't mean have sex with a hooker. I mean i made a friend with a nicegirl who was at the bus stop

:)

Quietguy - The stories you've been posting are inspiring. I am so happy for you. I can take a lesson from you and go out of my comfort zone to connect with new people.

Yay, for you. :bunny:

• Author

Thanks all for the support. just a 31 year old with no experience trying to make friends.

the 2nd girl(the one i found at the bus stop) sent me a phone email a few hours ago and we decided we're gonna have a "date" next weekend. going to dinner/lunch and to do some fun activities.

Well i mean not really a romantic date but a friendly date. i've never had dates so i don't even know what a date is.

(when we had the conversation i think she said "I have a korean boyfriend".. i'm not sure cause she was speaking too fast. But most likely she has a BF cause most girls do.)

Anyways, it's great!!!!!!

Happy valentine'sssss