the high-school crush

1a1d1a1m

When I was in high-school I had the biggest crush on this girl, she was the kind of person that people just wanted to know and be friends with. But me, being quite shy, talked to her maybe 4 or 5 times in the 3 years we went to school together, which was stupid, she was the most approachable and outgoing person, it seemed like making new friends was one of her hobbies .

She moved away our senior year and the opportunity passed me by, but life goes on and you get over it, or so I thought.

I was recently added on facebook by an old friend and it turns out she is a mutual friend of this girl. There was her picture, under people you may know and all the old feelings of regret came back, just as intense as when I was a kid.

Would it be totally inappropriate for me to contact her? if not, how can I do it without coming off as creepy, considering I didn't know her that well?

What you have now is no contact at all. If you want to ever have any hopes of hooking up with her you need at least a line of communication to her.

Should I just send her a friend request and hope she remembers me? and maybe attach a message to it or something.

I think you would have a bigger chance when you attach a message, so that she at least knows you're not just some random person. But the contents of that message I'll leave up to you.

Don't put a lot of pressure on yourself. I think you'll find that you have both evolved and life has taken each of you in directions you could not have imagined back then. Try to detach yourself from the expectation that she is who she was back then or that you can imagine the life she has led.

Good luck!

• Author
Don't put a lot of pressure on yourself. I think you'll find that you have both evolved and life has taken each of you in directions you could not have imagined back then. Try to detach yourself from the expectation that she is who she was back then or that you can imagine the life she has led.

Good luck!

Thanks Sharon.

I know I've definitely changed a lot over the years, I'm very eager to see if she's anything like I remember her.