Approaching girls in public places

Grobyc

I've never really had a problem with this but let me explain:

Approaching a girl thats all by her self is actually really easy for me. I usually just say hi and offer my company, or make up some dumb question or excuse and then just talk with her.

Lets say you see this cute girl with her friends right? When I see that, I always pass it up because I don't know how to go about it. I mean its easy when they are just plugging away at their laptop or reading a book by them selfs.

But when they're around a group of friends, I'm just baffled. I don't want to intrude on her friends and whatnot, or do I? I'm noticing a bunch of girls that go to my favorite coffee shop and I'd like to go there and get some numbers. But since they are with friends I don't know how to do this :p

Little advice?

I've never really had a problem with this but let me explain:

Approaching a girl thats all by her self is actually really easy for me. I usually just say hi and offer my company, or make up some dumb question or excuse and then just talk with her.

Lets say you see this cute girl with her friends right? When I see that, I always pass it up because I don't know how to go about it. I mean its easy when they are just plugging away at their laptop or reading a book by them selfs.

But when they're around a group of friends, I'm just baffled. I don't want to intrude on her friends and whatnot, or do I? I'm noticing a bunch of girls that go to my favorite coffee shop and I'd like to go there and get some numbers. But since they are with friends I don't know how to do this :p

Little advice?

Well don't start by sticking out your tongue.

This is dangerous territory because you're going to be evaluated by the group, not just her, so you really need to be on top of your game. Maybe before you approach, look for a positive sign of recognition - like eye contact. This could give you an 'in' so to speak. And also know your exit strategy in case you crash and burn so you can get away if they want to throw you up a tree or something.

In my younger, cockier days, I would just get a girl to look at me and then waive her over to me. I used to amaze my friends at how well this worked. I guess to the girl it just seemed so outrageous to do...

Edited by Jonno_S
  • Author

Yeah thats what I'm actually worried about. Because when its a group things play a little different because her friends will evaluate you, like you said. If the friends think you're a flake usually things don't work out. I'll have to try that waving thing. Since whenever I see people looking at me I always wave. although its just weird people just STARING at me, its the same concept none the less.

Any other advice?

PerpetualMotion

I never approached anyone in a group, but if I were to do it, I would probably try to initiate a conversation with the group as a whole, speak with everyone and then wait and see where I could go from there.