When to give a Valentine card?

hearttobreak

When do you give the girl your seeing a Valentine card? Is it on the 14th or before? People have told me a week or two in advance, some also said to give it to her on Valentine's day.

I made it myself, so I also think it would have more meaning.

laRubiaBonita

unless you plan to mail it, i would give it on the 14th.

but maybe others said before so that there would be time for her to reciprocate- but that seems like you are fishing to me.

• Author

We've already been dating over a month, speak every day, spend the weekend together. Why would I need to fish? I just do not want to be too over anxious. However, I worked hard on the card. :)

laRubiaBonita
We've already been dating over a month, speak every day, spend the weekend together. Why would I need to fish? I just do not want to be too over anxious. However, I worked hard on the card. :)

ooooh- the way it sounded was that this may be a sursprise to her; like you were some dude friend, not a boyfriend.

i would give it to her on Valentines day.

ps- i love homemade cards! it really is the thought and time that counts!

• Author

Yea, I thought home made would be the best. I used software to design it, but all the words are mine. Took me a couple of hours. We already have plans for that Saturday, so I think this added card would be a nice surprise. Just not sure how to end the card. I see a lot of them ending with your's truly or with love. I am thinking of going with with love. It just sounds better. I think signing a card with your's truly is just very formal and takes the romance out of the card. No?

Obviously, on Valentine's. :rolleyes:

This is what stores do- they overcharge you for the cards weeks ahead of the holidays so you're forced to pay an extra $2-3. Afterwards, they do a clearance sale and have everything marked down to $2 or less. I heard the best way to save is to buy as many cards as you need a year in advance. :laugh:

laRubiaBonita
Yea, I thought home made would be the best. I used software to design it, but all the words are mine. Took me a couple of hours. We already have plans for that Saturday, so I think this added card would be a nice surprise. Just not sure how to end the card. I see a lot of them ending with your's truly or with love. I am thinking of going with with love. It just sounds better. I think signing a card with your's truly is just very formal and takes the romance out of the card. No?

you could say,

OXOXoX's Your Valentine,

hearttobreak

laRubiaBonita
Eh. Sounds weak. No?

you could just tack a $50 bill on it :lmao:.

with Love is good, it means you made the card with love and fondness for her especially....