The best revenge against somebody that hurt you

Woggle

The best revenge against somebody that hurts you or betrays you is to live a better life without them you did with them. Nothing drives them crazier than that. I see a lot of people talking about revenge on here but that is the best way to do it. When I think about it I realize that I am in a better position in my life than everybody who has ever hurt me and I know that has to piss them off.

paddington bear

Yes, so people say. And yes, it is healthier than obsessing over the wrongs done to you. As my mother always says 'the problem with people you hate is that you think about them too much'. By getting on with your own life, people who have hurt you lose some power over you and also, your head is free of them taking up valuable thought time that could be put to better use.

However, some people are so bad. So, downright evil. Be they colleagues, lovers, bosses, friends...and just trample over people. They continue to do it, without any retribution without any consequences. This annoys me terribly. I wait for the nasty people to get what is coming to them, but it never happens.

The best revenge against somebody that hurts you or betrays you is to live a better life without them you did with them.
Yep, even if they never are aware of it. :)

Well you can always kill them with kindness. If they hurt you and they feel bad about it, just be super nice to them and show them how nice you are and it'll just tear at them on the inside...

...but that's too much work for me, I usually just burn their house down.

When I think about it I realize that I am in a better position in my life than everybody who has ever hurt me and I know that has to piss them off.

yep. Because they don't want to consider that you're anything other than the label they've slapped on you. I think that's why people hate their high school years so much, and either (A) are deadset against attending reunions or (B) go, and revel in their success :laugh:

All revenge does is make you an angry and bitter person. It drags you down to their level and makes you no better than them. The time and energy spent on this is definitely better served enjoying your own life.

Yes, so people say. And yes, it is healthier than obsessing over the wrongs done to you. As my mother always says 'the problem with people you hate is that you think about them too much'.

Wise mum....

However, some people are so bad. So, downright evil.

No, I don't think they are. I am well into my 50's and I've yet to meet anyone who is downright evil. maybe I'm just lucky. I know Woggle has, and it had consequences, but I still believe truly evil people are relatively rare....

Be they colleagues, lovers, bosses, friends...and just trample over people. They continue to do it, without any retribution without any consequences. This annoys me terribly. I wait for the nasty people to get what is coming to them, but it never happens.

Oh, it does...Trust me, please, on this one.

They are complacent, because they think they are untouchable. But somewhere, within their psyche these people are deeply unhappy and deeply dissatisfied.

This is why, perversely they continue to ride roughshod over others, because they believe it empowers them. They believe it gives them the edge.

But it hollows them out as human beings and alienates them from those who ultimately they might find themselves needing, one day....

And no matter how much they surround themselves with hangers-on, they are completely alone.

The best revenge against somebody that hurts you or betrays you is to live a better life without them you did with them.

I prefer to get even, in addition to living a better life that doesn't include them.

catgotyourtongue
The best revenge against somebody that hurts you or betrays you is to live a better life without them you did with them. Nothing drives them crazier than that. I see a lot of people talking about revenge on here but that is the best way to do it. When I think about it I realize that I am in a better position in my life than everybody who has ever hurt me and I know that has to piss them off.

Hey Woggle

Nice to see this positive post. Revenge, not my thing, and I have been trampled on by people in my life too. I don't wish them harm, but I SURE as heck do want them to become better people and perhaps apologize or come clean or make efforts to not do the same crap to others.

Enjoy your life, it's the only one you got. GO Woggle GO. Be happy.

However, some people are so bad. So, downright evil. Be they colleagues, lovers, bosses, friends...and just trample over people. They continue to do it, without any retribution without any consequences. This annoys me terribly. I wait for the nasty people to get what is coming to them, but it never happens.

Yeah that's true but I like to always think that just being "them" is bad enough.;)

Untouchable_Fire

I don't think she cares at all. She got what she wanted and is gone. I doubt my name even comes up in conversation.

I'm just glad she is gone.

Oh, it does...Trust me, please, on this one.

They are complacent, because they think they are untouchable. But somewhere, within their psyche these people are deeply unhappy and deeply dissatisfied.

This is why, perversely they continue to ride roughshod over others, because they believe it empowers them. They believe it gives them the edge.

But it hollows them out as human beings and alienates them from those who ultimately they might find themselves needing, one day....

And no matter how much they surround themselves with hangers-on, they are completely alone.

boy some of them sure do a good job at making it look like it's all good. it really erks me too. guess something like this is a matter of faith.

• Author

Even people who seem to get away with it pay. My old boss treated me and all his employees like garbage and on the surface he seems to get away with it but if you dig deeper he is in a miserable marriage to a woman who doesn't seem to care whether he is alive or not and the company is crumbling around him.

Woggle, that is right on time. Thanks for the post. I dont want revenge or anything but I need to be encouraged right now. Thanks

TouchedByViolet

I somewhat agree. I see revenge as being primarily reserved for the present to near future time frame, without any real thought about the future. If someone hurts you bad enough (to the point where you feel there will always be a hole where they left it), hurting them back can make you feel better immediately, but thats all. However, given enough time, self reflection, and personal success without the source of difficulty in your life feelings of revenge turn to indifference. Indifference can set you free.

Well you can always kill them with kindness. If they hurt you and they feel bad about it, just be super nice to them and show them how nice you are and it'll just tear at them on the inside...

...but that's too much work for me, I usually just burn their house down.

I dont think that is really true. i feel like that is a invitation to be a doormat. I thing the best thing to do is leave them all alone.

Excellent idea. I agree 100%.