LoveShack.org Community Forums

Reload this Page LoveShack.org Community Forums > Romantic > Dating

The best revenge against somebody that hurt you

Dating Dating, courting, or going steady? Things not working out the way you had hoped? Stand up on your soap box and let us know what's going on!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th January 2011, 5:29 PM   #1
Established Member

The best revenge against somebody that hurt you

The best revenge against somebody that hurts you or betrays you is to live a better life without them you did with them. Nothing drives them crazier than that. I see a lot of people talking about revenge on here but that is the best way to do it. When I think about it I realize that I am in a better position in my life than everybody who has ever hurt me and I know that has to piss them off.
Old 12th January 2011, 5:39 PM   #2
Established Member

Yes, so people say. And yes, it is healthier than obsessing over the wrongs done to you. As my mother always says 'the problem with people you hate is that you think about them too much'. By getting on with your own life, people who have hurt you lose some power over you and also, your head is free of them taking up valuable thought time that could be put to better use.

However, some people are so bad. So, downright evil. Be they colleagues, lovers, bosses, friends...and just trample over people. They continue to do it, without any retribution without any consequences. This annoys me terribly. I wait for the nasty people to get what is coming to them, but it never happens.
paddington bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 5:52 PM   #3
Established Member

Journal Entries: 38
Quote:
The best revenge against somebody that hurts you or betrays you is to live a better life without them you did with them.
Yep, even if they never are aware of it.
carhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 5:54 PM   #4
Established Member

Well you can always kill them with kindness. If they hurt you and they feel bad about it, just be super nice to them and show them how nice you are and it'll just tear at them on the inside...

...but that's too much work for me, I usually just burn their house down.
GivenUp0083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 6:01 PM   #5
Established Member

Journal Entries: 8
When I think about it I realize that I am in a better position in my life than everybody who has ever hurt me and I know that has to piss them off.

yep. Because they don't want to consider that you're anything other than the label they've slapped on you. I think that's why people hate their high school years so much, and either (A) are deadset against attending reunions or (B) go, and revel in their success
quankanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 6:03 PM   #6
Established Member

All revenge does is make you an angry and bitter person. It drags you down to their level and makes you no better than them. The time and energy spent on this is definitely better served enjoying your own life.
Sanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 6:04 PM   #7

Location: Working on a clear blue summer sky, at BuddhaDhammaSangha
Quote:
Originally Posted by paddington bear View Post
Yes, so people say. And yes, it is healthier than obsessing over the wrongs done to you. As my mother always says 'the problem with people you hate is that you think about them too much'.
Wise mum....

Quote:
However, some people are so bad. So, downright evil.
No, I don't think they are. I am well into my 50's and I've yet to meet anyone who is downright evil. maybe I'm just lucky. I know Woggle has, and it had consequences, but I still believe truly evil people are relatively rare....

Quote:
Be they colleagues, lovers, bosses, friends...and just trample over people. They continue to do it, without any retribution without any consequences. This annoys me terribly. I wait for the nasty people to get what is coming to them, but it never happens.
Oh, it does...Trust me, please, on this one.

They are complacent, because they think they are untouchable. But somewhere, within their psyche these people are deeply unhappy and deeply dissatisfied.
This is why, perversely they continue to ride roughshod over others, because they believe it empowers them. They believe it gives them the edge.
But it hollows them out as human beings and alienates them from those who ultimately they might find themselves needing, one day....

And no matter how much they surround themselves with hangers-on, they are completely alone.
TaraMaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 6:28 PM   #8
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woggle View Post
The best revenge against somebody that hurts you or betrays you is to live a better life without them you did with them.
I prefer to get even, in addition to living a better life that doesn't include them.
Stockalone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 6:49 PM   #9
Established Member

Quote:
The best revenge against somebody that hurts you or betrays you is to live a better life without them you did with them. Nothing drives them crazier than that. I see a lot of people talking about revenge on here but that is the best way to do it. When I think about it I realize that I am in a better position in my life than everybody who has ever hurt me and I know that has to piss them off.
Hey Woggle
Nice to see this positive post. Revenge, not my thing, and I have been trampled on by people in my life too. I don't wish them harm, but I SURE as heck do want them to become better people and perhaps apologize or come clean or make efforts to not do the same crap to others.

Enjoy your life, it's the only one you got. GO Woggle GO. Be happy.
catgotyourtongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 7:26 PM   #10
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by paddington bear View Post
However, some people are so bad. So, downright evil. Be they colleagues, lovers, bosses, friends...and just trample over people. They continue to do it, without any retribution without any consequences. This annoys me terribly. I wait for the nasty people to get what is coming to them, but it never happens.
Yeah that's true but I like to always think that just being "them" is bad enough.
Gallaxia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 7:29 PM   #11
Established Member

Agreed, the best revenge is living well.
Old 12th January 2011, 7:29 PM   #12

Quote:
I don't think she cares at all. She got what she wanted and is gone. I doubt my name even comes up in conversation.

I'm just glad she is gone.
Untouchable_Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 7:30 PM   #13
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaraMaiden View Post
Oh, it does...Trust me, please, on this one.

They are complacent, because they think they are untouchable. But somewhere, within their psyche these people are deeply unhappy and deeply dissatisfied.
This is why, perversely they continue to ride roughshod over others, because they believe it empowers them. They believe it gives them the edge.
But it hollows them out as human beings and alienates them from those who ultimately they might find themselves needing, one day....

And no matter how much they surround themselves with hangers-on, they are completely alone.

boy some of them sure do a good job at making it look like it's all good. it really erks me too. guess something like this is a matter of faith.
Old 12th January 2011, 7:35 PM   #14
Established Member

Even people who seem to get away with it pay. My old boss treated me and all his employees like garbage and on the surface he seems to get away with it but if you dig deeper he is in a miserable marriage to a woman who doesn't seem to care whether he is alive or not and the company is crumbling around him.
Woggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th January 2011, 7:43 PM   #15
Established Member

Quote:
Woggle, that is right on time. Thanks for the post. I dont want revenge or anything but I need to be encouraged right now. Thanks
9Lives is offline   Reply With Quote